200 sit-ups challenge explained

Options
tanyakay87
tanyakay87 Posts: 223 Member
Hey guys

Okay so I've had a few messages about this challenge being a bit confusing so I'm hoping this will clear it up. Please note that this is just my interpretation of it so if you disagree or need more information, please just speak up.

If you have installed the app from Itunes or Android market then it will tell you what to do automatically from your initial test results. If you are following the website, you will need to work it out for yourself.

From what I understand, it is very unlikely that you will start in week 2 or week 4. These seem to be the continuation weeks from week 1 and week 3 to help build you up towards the ultimate goal of 200. On the website, under each week on the left-hand column, it will give you three tables with three columns with the heading DAY 1, DAY 2, DAY 3. So you will use the first table on day 1, the second on day 2 and the third on day 3. At the top of the tables, it will tell you which column to be in depending on how many sit-ups you did in your initial test and it also tells you this above each column in the table. Please note EVERYONE must do all three tables, whether you have done 2 sit-ups or 150, whether you are on week 1 or week 6, you must all do 3 days a week which are the 3 tables.

So let's go through week 1 as an example. The table headed DAY 1 says, if you did between 1-10 sit ups then you need to do column 1. If you did between 11-20 sit ups, then column 2. If you did between 21-30 sit ups then you need to do column 3. Please note that you will ONLY need to do one column per table, not all 3. So let's so I managed 8 sit-ups in my inital test. I will be following the first column. So on day 1, I start with 3 sit-ups, then rest for 60 seconds. Then the next set which is 4 sit-ups, then rest 60 seconds. Then the next set which is 3 sit-ups, then rest 60 seconds. And so on, until you finish all 5 sets. Then I rest for a day. Day 2 comes along, I am still in column 1, this has not changed. I do all 5 sets again and then rest a day. Day 3 comes along and once again, I am still in column 1. I don't change columns once I have started a week. Once you have finished your 3rd column, you will rest for 2 days and then start week 2 so if you started week 1 on a Monday, you will finish the 3rd day on a Friday, rest on the weekend and start week 2 on a Monday, etc. etc.

Please ensure you read the topic NB! EXHAUSTION TESTS! as this will tell you about the tests you need to do inbetween most of the weeks. If you have any other questions or are still confused, PLEASE let me know rather then giving up!

Thanks, Tanya x

Replies

• 4my2jays
    4my2jays Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Thanks Tanya. I was so confused and did 138 situps last night. I guess that was good but want to make sure I am doing it right. :)
  • tanyakay87
    tanyakay87 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Nice work! Well let me know if you need anymore explaining x
  • teddyweiche
    teddyweiche Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm less confused now.
    And I'm also thinking - there's an app? I'm down for that! lol.
    Thanks for helping us all. X*)