Bodyfat % pictures

Options
mamamudbug
mamamudbug Posts: 572 Member
I'm sure it has been posted elsewhere on the site but I thought I would post this link here for anyone that hasn't seen it.

http://www.leighpeele.com/body-fat-pictures-and-percentages

Replies

• Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I like that except for the fatter girls have no muscle, which makes it hard to compare ourselves with.
  • mamamudbug
    Options
    Yep, which is where I think I'm at... some weird fat + muscle limbo :/
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Yep, which is where I think I'm at... some weird fat + muscle limbo :/
    You got muscle?
    Crap... all I've got is this gut and a cornbread muffin. I totally got in the wrong line.
  • mamamudbug
    Options
    Hahaaa, yep, I have it it's just buried under the muffin top, belly, butt, so on and so forth
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I look to be between 25-30 according to these. I thought I was just over 30.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    yep - my 6 pack is hiding under my 6 layers of fat...

Actually, my legs show my hard work (18%), my stomach looks like 20%, everything else just holds onto fat and looks like 30+%
  • Rae6503
    Options
    yep - my 6 pack is hiding under my 6 layers of fat...

Actually, my legs show my hard work (18%), my stomach looks like 20%, everything else just holds onto fat and looks like 30+%

I'm the opposite. My legs don't show anything, which is sad.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I like that except for the fatter girls have no muscle, which makes it hard to compare ourselves with.

yeah I really wish there were pictures of fat girls who work out instead of just fat girls who don't (I mean you know, "fat") - I've always thought maybe we should compile some ourselves, get some people like niner to give a visual estimate based on a bunch of pictures and then put something together.

And on the topic of what does and doesn't show, my everything is covered in a layer of fat. Except my shoulders. Even things where I have some definition when I flex like my legs and arms are covered in a soft squishy fat layer. but maybe that is ....normal!?
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    My muscles are also covered in a layer of soft, squishy fat. :tongue:
  • mamamudbug
    Options

yeah I really wish there were pictures of fat girls who work out instead of just fat girls who don't (I mean you know, "fat") - I've always thought maybe we should compile some ourselves, get some people like niner to give a visual estimate based on a bunch of pictures and then put something together.

The girl that posted The Scale is a Torture device would be a great example. Seeing her pics made me rethink some things. I still struggle with how much I weigh and I didn't want to stay this weight and be 2 sizes smaller but I have to admit her results are very interesting.
  • Rae6503
    Options

The girl that posted The Scale is a Torture device would be a great example. Seeing her pics made me rethink some things. I still struggle with how much I weigh and I didn't want to stay this weight and be 2 sizes smaller but I have to admit her results are very interesting.

I've had similar results. I actually gained 10lbs and look better for it.

I know I'm an attention *kitten*:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/494961-post-bulking-progress-pictures-female
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options

You didn't? I would cheerfully weigh whatever as long as there was a bit less squishy belly fat on me! actually that girl is a friend of mine, she used to have a picture of herself up whe nshe was swimming competitively in college and she was ridiculously cut - totally ripped abs - at 150ish. (5'6")

Scale weight has SO many factors - bone density, muscle, build, etc. Even bodyfat percentage, since its so hard to judge, is pretty tricky. Good caliper measurements have a 4% degree of variance.

For me its:
    1) do I like how I look in clothes (almost, pretty close, and I can dress to cheat this)
    2) do I like the way I look in shorts and a tank (not as close)
    3) do I like the way I look naked (*grumble*)

People's weights are so variable
  • mamamudbug
    Options
    I was ok with the idea of being 145-150ish (and being ripped:wink:) I know about what that looks like. I just can't imagine being lean at this weight. Now, having said that, I'm still having problems with certain eating habits, so hopefully I'll get it dialed in and start losing.
  • Rae6503
    Options
    I was ok with the idea of being 145-150ish (and being ripped:wink:) I know about what that looks like. I just can't imagine being lean at this weight. Now, having said that, I'm still having problems with certain eating habits, so hopefully I'll get it dialed in and start losing.

How tall are you?
  • mamamudbug
    Options

How tall are you?

5'4"