Calorie burn...

Options
colorlessgreen
colorlessgreen Posts: 173 Member
I'm sure this has been talked to death elsewhere on the forums (I searched a little), but what did you list for your calorie burn for today's workout? I have a dusty HRM somewhere in a drawer that I think I'm going to pull out and wear tomorrow, but I'm trying to estimate what I burned tonight. I think I'm going to list it as 400, since that's about what I would burn running for 40 minutes, and I feel like I got an equally good burn, if not better. I'm so proud of myself for getting through it; that workout is not messing around!

Replies

• robinskv
    robinskv Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    That sounds about right to me, but I know nothing! MFP gave me right around that when I entered High Impact Aerobics. I have an HRM somewhere, but it eats batteries like there is no tomorrow!
  • jreed1920
    jreed1920 Posts: 123
    Options
    According to my HRM I burned 347 calories today, about the same yesterday. MFP always gave me numbers WAY higher for my exercise and totally stalled my weight loss before I got my HRM. I also have a fitbit which for pure cardio stuff is pretty spot on to my HRM and slightly lower for circuit training. MFP was usually 50-100% higher.
  • colorlessgreen
    colorlessgreen Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I just realized I have NO idea where the chest strap for my HRM is! I think it might be in a box in storage under my boyfriend's parents' house... boo. It's a Garmin Forerunner, so I used to use it for pacing when I did long runs and rarely made use of the HRM, so who knows where the chest strap wound up! Guess I'll be doing some more estimating until I find it...
  • robinskv
    robinskv Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    That is good to know about MFP and calorie burn. Some of them have seemed high to me, so I usually put it less time or something to adjust it. I may have to invest in a HRM
  • tenchasmfp
    tenchasmfp Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Do you have a brand name heart monitor or a generic one? Do you know if a generic HRMs read close to the calorie burn results?