Whats your daily calorie intake?

Options
I'm just curious since we are all in or around the same boat....how much calories are you consuming each day? When I started my weight loss a year ago I was doing 1500 calories then once I lost 30 lbs a plateaued for 7 months. So I then went down to 1200 and lost maybe 7 lbs, and then started eating back some of my exercise calories, well I've lost 6 pounds and now plateaued again from a little over a month. A nutritionist told me to do 1500 calories so thats back where I am at. So just curious what you all are doing...

Replies

• mamakeke22
    mamakeke22 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    i was eating 1600 and lost 7 pounds and dropped down last week to 1350 so we will see if this works and if not maybe go back up
  • quixotic84
    quixotic84 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to stay between 1,400 and 1,600: 1,400 being my minimum, 1,500 my goal, and 1,600 my max!

I'm willing to go as low as 1,200 if I plateau, but I'd rather just add more exercise instead of cutting out food! =) Also, I don't want to do anything insanely unhealthy and end up damaging my body more so than my past overeating and lethargy already have!
  • AC417
    AC417 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    My doctor suggested between 1,500 to 1,800 calories daily, but with with exercise sometimes I net between 1,000 and 1,200. I catch myself feeling guilty if I go over 1,600, which I've been doing a lot lately. :(
  • sbb7249
    sbb7249 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm eating around 1500 net and am happy with the rate of my weight loss (just over 1 lb a week). I will bump up my activity up a notch once the weight loss slows down.
  • chantabelle
    chantabelle Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I was on 1,700 but I havent been managing to exercise and have a sit down job so I have recalculated my goals and MFP has put me at 1,240. This may go up slightly when I do begin exercising again...
  • kristi012173
    Options
    I am averaging around 1200-1300 only because I don't exercise every day, and have a desk job.
  • kmaddox1969
    kmaddox1969 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am usually at 1200 per day but eat a bit more when I get all my exercising in. The first week I lost 3 pounds so that is not to bad. I too have a desk job during the week and a retail job on the weekends so my activity level is a great deal higher on Saturday/Sunday.
    We will see how I fair this week when I do my weigh in.

Good luck everyone :flowerforyou:
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    I was at 1400, but last week I increased it to 1550. Still waiting to see if it helps, as I was pretty stalled before that.
  • cinsuccess
    cinsuccess Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I had a professional body composition analysis done and that showed my BMR at 1265 so I set my calorie goal to 1300. I work extra hard to make sure that I get to that level as a minimum every day. I do try to eat back at least some of exercise calories but I don't go crazy trying to eat them all back.

I was on a plataeu before I had the analysis done and since I now have my metrics set correctly, I'm doing much better.
  • Mogwai1985
    Mogwai1985 Posts: 31
    Options
    MFP had me eating 1400 a day however I never seemed to reach that allotment, I was always under and een more so after exercising. I've lost 9 pounds and MFP dropped me to 1380 calories, I didn't notice the decrease for a week. So I'm just kinda going with the flow.

However, once I start weight lifting I'm going to need to bump my calories up significantly. I had a hard time increasing calories when I use to lift.
  • FeatherBoBeather
    FeatherBoBeather Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Currently, I'm eating about 1,400.
    I'd like to be around 1,200 but a lot of my intake is fruits and veggies so I don't feel too bad about it. :-)
  • dArtagnia
    dArtagnia Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    When actively counting, I was eating 1200 and eating my exercise calories... eating so few I don't feel bad going over or having splurge days, for instance Cinco De Mayo consisted largely of Queso. I have a desk job, so I dont every really move. This has worked really well for me... during my trial week at Anytime Fitness I went for an hour a day for 5 day and lost 9lbs.

All that being said, after I joined the gym I logged on to Anytime Health, the gyms calorie/exercise tracker. It is free to members and I had never used anything outside of MFP, so I wanted to check it out. It is telling me I need to eat a little over 1600 calories a day to lose weight... so now I eat around 1400 depending on the day... that way one of them is telling me I am over and one is telling me I am starving lol...
  • shaylasade
    shaylasade Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Sheesh. You guys are good. I'm the slacker that barely eats 1200 calories a day (except on cheat days). My appetite just isn't what it used to be lol so I really have to push myself to get to those 1200 calories most days. It has been working for me, I lost 15 pounds in about 4 weeks. No weight loss this week, but then again I barely worked out and I ate like a pig smh. I'm just happy to be able to maintain my weight when I do splurge, but now I'm ready to pick it up again. My goal is to lose 30 additional pounds by August 1.
  • Ibleaveinme
    Ibleaveinme Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    After reading many of your posts, I'm wondering if I'm eating less calories than I should be. I try to keep my calories at about 1000ish per day. In my opinion i lose weight sooo very slow. I have a desk job, and a 1 year old so i unfortunately
    don't get a lot of time to exercise, by the time I get home we start our nightly routine. Then it's off to bed. I would appreciate and feedback any of u can give. Also, I'm always looking for friends for mutual support. Feel free to add me if u want. Thx
  • kalyy
    kalyy Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    The first week I started, in January, I ate between 1000 and 1200 calories but I felt super tired and light headed, since then I started eating between 1350 cal and 1500 cal with very little exersice and lost 21 lbs in 3 months, then I hit a plateu after exersicing and eating too little, it lasted 3 weeks until last week when I decided to up my calories to 1630 (a 500 deficit from my TDEE) and lost 1.5 lbs!! Hope I'll see great results this week too but I had an awfull weekend so who knows. :P
  • s0ready
    s0ready Posts: 99
    Options
    well they say you shouldn't eat under 1200 for women. I use to eat 1500 a day and I was active maybe 2-3 days a week with walking only 30 minutes or so or doing the elliptical for 20 minutes. And I lost 30lbs in 4 months that way. Then I plateaued and dropped my calories down to 1200 and lost only 10lbs in near 6 months and I am exercising harder 6 days a week. So there must be something to eating more that helps speed metabolism....I haven't quite figured it out yet. But I am upping mine slowly because I found it hard for me to consume so much so I force myself to eat 1500 for now. But what my exercise program is telling me is that I should eat atleast 2000 calories a day....and that is scarey for me to think:ohwell: But many people claim they eat more and lose more!
  • HURLEYX3RO
    HURLEYX3RO Posts: 269
    Options
    On intense work out days I try to do 1600 calories.

and on weight lifting days I do 1300 Cals.
  • thefreebiemom
    thefreebiemom Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    MFP has me set at 1680 for right now. Before the 4lb weight drop that I logged Sunday it was 1710 or 1720 or something like that I don't remember. I have it set to lose 1.5lbs/week. When I had it set to 2lbs it had me at 1450 and I felt very tired and light headed and lethargic on that so I changed it to the 1.5lbs/wk and I feel much better.

I have been logging for not even 2 whole weeks yet and lost 4lbs almost 5 so hopefully it keeps going like this. I'm typically 50-200 calories below my goal depending on the day of the week and what we are doing that day. I'm a super picky eater and we still eat out a lot even though we are trying to cut back on that so I keep my diary closed to avoid the nitpicking by the eat organic and perfect people. It's open to my friends though if anyone wants to add me as one for help with a picky eating problem but like I said food wise I'm taking it one day at a time and trying to cut back on size and portions as opposed to completely cutting things out. Otherwise I would likely fail.
  • Amy_Lynn74
    Amy_Lynn74 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    MFP currently has me set at 1490 and I've been burning 500+ calories a day. I usually eat a little over 1200 calories so I don't get any nasty messages. I've lost 41 pounds in 120 days. My starting weight was 245 and I'm now at 204. Every 13th week I do a week of maintenance to avoid plateauing. Weekends I tend to eat more. I've only gone over on calories twice since I started on here. I also drink between 10-12 cups of water a day. :flowerforyou:
  • s0ready
    s0ready Posts: 99
    Options
    MFP currently has me set at 1490 and I've been burning 500+ calories a day. I usually eat a little over 1200 calories so I don't get any nasty messages. I've lost 41 pounds in 120 days. My starting weight was 245 and I'm now at 204. Every 13th week I do a week of maintenance to avoid plateauing. Weekends I tend to eat more. I've only gone over on calories twice since I started on here. I also drink between 10-12 cups of water a day. :flowerforyou:

wow good for you!!! Seems like you got down the right system that works for you! Thats great....41lbs in 120 days!!