Combination Exercise - Pecs, Biceps, Triceps and Abs

Options
I am working these out individually in three different workouts during the week, but doing this the different muscles are being hit individually only about once a week. Just wondered if there were any exercises that would work all of these out, so I could hit them every workout instead

Replies

• TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    rope climbing?

or bench, chin ups pull ups, rows, woodchoppers, squats, deadlifts
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    bench press and overhead press.
  • Cathleenr
    Cathleenr Posts: 332
    Options
    if you do complex moves, like cleans, chins, deads, you will work not only the major muscle groups but also the connectors, the ligaments and tendons. you will also strengthen your balance and body sense. days spent solely on small, isolated muscle groups are usually not worth the effort.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Squats, Deadlifts, Benchpress, Cleans/Overhead Press, Rows, Pullups/Chinups... DONE!
  • stphnstevey
    stphnstevey Posts: 68
    Options
    Thanks guys!

Having looked through a variety of exercises, particularly the ones suggested, I have tried coming up with a plan I can do 3 days a week, trying to target my upper body. I am low on weights (currently searching for a decent second hand set) and wanted to try and utilise bodyweight where can, but also where I can progresively add weight (either to a bar or in a back pack).

- Chin up/pull ups with knee raises
    - Push ups
    - Dips

- Variation of combining deadlift with drag curl and overhead press (cleans seemed quite jerky and not for me at the moment)
    - Row with arm raise (trying for biceps as well as triceps)
    - Bench press

Hows this sound?
    It's got to be better than crunches, curls, flys alone?