May 3

Options
acelynp2
acelynp2 Posts: 79 Member
Just setting up for tomorrow, since for you east coasters, it already is the 3rd. (I'm in CA--2.5 more hours of 5/2 here but I went out for dinner and am not doing any more planks today, lol)

Welcome to everyone!! I'm so excited to see so many fellow plankers on board and am looking forward to a great month together.

Replies

• jlbay
    jlbay Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Hi there - I'm joining the challenge. I practice yoga, so I have done a plank-a-day this month! I don't time my planks during yoga, and different classes use planks differently (ie some have us hold the plank, others have us go in and out of plank a lot).

I'm thinking I will challenge myself to a timed full plank even if I have class that day. I hate plank and do half plank a lot. Maybe this challenge can be like aversion therapy :wink:

Today's plank = 60 seconds in full plank.
  • mydoover
    mydoover Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    Just joining this group today, cant wait to see the progress at the end of the month.
    Today: 1minute, was very tough but made it
  • AlexanderK1994
    AlexanderK1994 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Barely one minute x) But at least I got there, it's better than yesterday x) And sitting down, I still feel the burn in my belly :)
  • mssij
    mssij Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am so excited about this challenge. In every class I take, I get up and leave when they start the plank (ing) portion. I am so going to commit myself to this challenge.

Today's time 33 seconds. Whew!
  • EmeriaDewes
    EmeriaDewes Posts: 78
    Options
    Did it for 60 seconds
  • awetherell
    awetherell Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I've just started today. Only 46 seconds! I'm hoping it was only because I've just had two cups of peppermint tea (thus heavier), but I'm not sure that counts. Will go for longer tomorrow!
  • islandpwp
    islandpwp Posts: 32
    Options
    32 seconds half plank today
  • moniquea93
    moniquea93 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Today's plank was 1 minute 25 seconds
  • Ladyiam
    Ladyiam Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have never done a plank before. I had to look it up on the internet to see what a plank was. I thought, hmmm, that looks pretty easy...LOL! Well, I am proud to say that I have completed my VERY FIRST PLANK!!!!! Yay me!!!! It only took 15 seconds....LOL I hope I will do better tomorrow : )
  • peppiee
    peppiee Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Plank #2

Lunchtime plank 80 seconds. While I was on the floor threw in some girly push ups for good measure :)
  • acelynp2
    Options
    Plank #2

Lunchtime plank 80 seconds. While I was on the floor threw in some girly push ups for good measure :)

Ooh, raising the bar!! WTG!
  • acelynp2
    Options
    5/2: 1 min 10 secs

5/3: 1 min 35 secs (woo hoo!)
  • gettinthere
    gettinthere Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    5/2: 1 min
    5/3: 1 min 30 secs (oh yeah!)
  • Lorione111
    Lorione111 Posts: 129
    Options
    Thursday May 3
    40 seconds
  • kaleynichol
    kaleynichol Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I didn't join this until last night, but better late than never! My first attempt at doing the plank this morning was sooo sad... I can't wait to get stronger! I only lasted for 29 seconds before I collpapsed, panting, to the floor. Lol.
  • molliewitt
    molliewitt Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I increased 5 seconds on my plank today, went from a whopping 36 seconds to a hardcore 41 seconds. Jeez, I am out of shape. But I feel it. If I can add time daily, that is a good thing. We all start from somewhere......
  • Patty_Petz
    Patty_Petz Posts: 91
    Options
    Ugh! only 51 seconds tonight
  • TrishPretti
    TrishPretti Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I normally do 3 of 15 seconds (I' new to this) Should i try to stick to one length of time for better results?
  • 19kat55
    19kat55 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    5/2 31 seconds
    5/3 39 seconds
  • peppiee
    peppiee Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Ugh! only 51 seconds tonight

Told ya I had a head start. Game on :)