12 cups low-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
1 cup cannelli beans
1/2 cup whole wheat pasta
1/2 tsp. chopped garlic or garlic powder
5 oz. diced chicken breast cooked
1/2 head of cabbage chopped
Salt and pepper to taste'
Hot sause to taste

1. Warm oil in a large pot over medium heat. Saute onions and carrots until soft.
2. Add tomatoes broth beans, macaroni and garlic and bring to a boil, then simmer until
pasta is al dente
3. Add chicken and cabbage; simmer until soup reaches desired consistency.
4. Add salt, pepper and metabolism-boosting hot sause as desired.

Invent your own soup:

Step 1 In a large pot, heat 2 1/2 Tbs. olive oil. Add 4 to 6 cups of vegtables, such as
carrots, celery, onions, mushrooms, broccoli, bell peppers and cabbage. Saute 5 minutes

Step 2 Add 12 cups low-sodium broth. Then add a grain---1 1/2 cups uncooked whole wheat
pasta; 1 1/2 cups corn kernels or 1 1/3 cups of brown rice. Season with your favorite spices such
as garlic, basil oregano, ginger or lemon juice. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer until
the grains and vegtables are cooked (about 10 minutes)

Step 3 Add a cooked protein --such as 1 1/3 cups beans, 7.5 oz. shrimp, 6 oz. chicken breast or lean
pork, 5 oz ground turkey, 4.5 oz. lean beef or 4 0z. ground beef. It is also fine to mix two or three protein
options. Simmer to desired consistency.

Step 4 Garnish with topping like cilantro, pepper, hot sauce, soy sauce or a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.

When I make it I start with the broth, celery, onions, garlic, carrots and tomatoes. (I don't saute the vegtables
in olive oil. I make it like I would make chicken soup. I also use the whole can of beans, and the whole head of
cabbage. I add the pasta 10 minutes after the cabbage. I also use a ton of hot sause because it makes me drink
more water. Also I started out using chicken but now I just use low sodium chicken base and add it to water instead
of buying broth. This makes a big pot so I freeze half of it in Ziplock bags so it stays fresh and it takes up less space
in the freezer.

Replies