Macros

Options
valerieschram
valerieschram Posts: 97 Member
I was just curious as to what everyone has set their macros. I try to eat at least 1 gram of protein per pound of lean body mass. I don't know what my body fat percentage is, though. I weigh 115, so I just try to get around 100 grams or a little less of protein. This comes to about 20% of calories from protein for me. I haven't really been paying much attention to carbs or fat, however. Is there an optimum percentage to set these to for strength training?

Replies

• Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I try for the same as you. I'm 160lbs, about 22% body fat, so I shoot for about 125 grams protein. You could probably go with 90.

Lyle McDonald (super smart dude) says that basing protein on percentages is dumb.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I also aim for around 120g of protein. I keep my carbs lower, around 100g. And I never have any trouble filling the rest with fat. mmm...fat.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I do the same - aim for 125 - but I don't always make it. I try for 1.5 g per kg of lbm which is like 85 as my bare minimum because sometimes I findit so painful and tedious to do more than that.
  • irridia
    irridia Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I went by a percentage, which I don't remember, but I almost never meet it. :frown:
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I aim for 120-130g of protein. Don't always meet it, but I try. Fat is set at about .35g of body weight. Rest is carbs. I am often over on carbs. :smile:
  • Doreen_Murray
    Doreen_Murray Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I suck at math and just look for "red" in my protein and "red" in my fiber every day! Terrible. :wink: