Single... and I hate it!

Options
MrsT9217
MrsT9217 Posts: 29 Member
Does it count if i HATE that I'm single?

Its one of the main reasons I'm doing this! :)

Replies

• MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    What do you hate and what are you doing about it?
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Does it count if i HATE that I'm single?

Its one of the main reasons I'm doing this! :)

Doing what? Improving your health? Of course it counts! A lot of people lose weight/get in shape b/c it often translates to more opportunities for love.

I look at it like like church...we used to say "I don't care WHY you come, just so long as you get in the door."
  • will010574
    will010574 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    What do you hate about it? Personally I love being single, it has a lot of fantastic upsides to it. For me the lack of a real companion (fathead, the dog, is a great companion but it turns out he is not much of a conversationalist) is the real drag in being single. Otherwise I am all about it at this point, and this point is nearly 6 years single so I dont know if I will change things up. She would have to be the ultimate companion if I did, a whole lot better than fathead anyhow!
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    It is what you make of it.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Yea, I don't like it either. It was one of my strongest motivators for getting in shape, 'cause at the time I thought it was my only hope at becoming attractive to someone.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    make a list of everything you want in your little perfect dream man

then take that list and make sure that all those things apply to you too or you'll never get him. You wont be good enough.
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    May I ask what are you looking for in a man? Are you wanting friendship or a major relationship?
  • MrsT9217
    MrsT9217 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Just seems like everyone I know is getting married, etc... not saying I want to rush into something but after being single for a few years (after a long relationship.. that I thought was THE one) I'm just ready to get back into it :heart:

Bottom line is I'm getting in shape for myself... but I wouldn't mind finding someone to continue this with!
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way too kdenn, Everyone of friends and grow up with is married and with kids. You have to do what is right in your life and be yourself and keep looking for what your wanting in your heart. Never Give Up!!
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Just seems like everyone I know is getting married, etc... not saying I want to rush into something but after being single for a few years (after a long relationship.. that I thought was THE one) I'm just ready to get back into it :heart:

Bottom line is I'm getting in shape for myself... but I wouldn't mind finding someone to continue this with!

But are they going to last? A lot of my friends have been married and divorced already.