Calorie top off

Options
sapalee
sapalee Posts: 409 Member
What's your go to food when you've got to get more calories in for the end of the day? Here are some I fall back on often...

When I'm low on fats I grab a spoonful of coconut oil, 60 calories and 7g fat. A spoonful is hard to choke down but I dipped strawberries in it the other night: DELISH.

A protein shake is an easy and obvious one, vanilla in OJ is yummy.

A handful of walnuts.

Replies

• sevenminaya
    sevenminaya Posts: 112
    Options
    I do the protein shake a lot, right before bed. That's like my backup plan. I usually get a tuna subway foot long. 1000+ cals, a lot of protein as well. Only thing that worries me is that it has too much sodium.
  • LovesGG
    LovesGG Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    1. Ensure Plus/Equate Plus shake, an easy and delicious 350 calories.
    2. This is "cheating" but, Russian Bear 5000 Weight Gainer in some whole milk.
    3. If I'm very desperate I go down to Five Guys for the bacon cheeseburger at 920 calories.
    4. And last but not least, Lunchables. This stuff is what a lot of overweight toddlers are eating in America. The nachos have 370 calories (it's a smallish amount of food) and leave you hungry. Us adults can easily eat 2 packages for an easy 740 calories BUT the sodium................... :grumble:
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    Love my protein shake, I have one every day just cause they are so yummy!, I also have a gainer (cheater) protein shake powder that's like 150 cals for a half a scoop (full serve is 2 scoops 600ish) so that and milk and a little chocolate powder = over 250 cals...I make wholemeal walnut banana muffins that I then freeze, low in sugar but 180cals each and its easy to eat a few cause they are so good, I have also made small bagels (which I also freeze), that are 220cals. add some PB and its up around 300cals. and I made dark choc coated almonds, 10 cals each. I tend to drink a lot of milk (its my go to food) so if its late and I'm low, I usually have some cereal, like weetbix, or toast and a glass of milk....I love milk, but I should probably drink more fruit juice too. I admit I do have a sweet tooth!
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    juice & a PB&J sandwich
  • springermad
    springermad Posts: 242
    Options
    cadburys twirl and toffee popcorn x
  • joshalapp
    joshalapp Posts: 12
    Options
    Shakes! Usually at least 2 a day. My current favorite has these ingredients: 1/2 cup walnuts, 1.5 cups milk, 1 banana, 4 scoops Vi-shape, natural peanut butter, baking cocoa powder, ice. Good for 900-1000 calories.