workout routine for mass

Options
this is my routine for mass....not increasing my lifts or cardio just mass all mass and no excuses

guidelines
1. no cardio ... this is short term 6 months
2. 48 hours between workouts .... no healing means no growing
3. 30 minute work out sessions max ... and i mean it not even 31 minutes
4. no warm up .... i get a lot of heat for this but if you have trained hard then you body is always ready dont waist calories
5. break up large muscle groups as much as possible
6. study anticatabolics and use them ..... preferably legal ones and safe ones
7. lift heavy .... low reps.... generally i lift what i can do 3-4 times for 2 - 3 sets
8. get plenty of rest ... not to be confused with sleep muscle cant heal in use
9. 6 months max then switch routine
10. stick to one style either your staying in shape doing cardio mantaining or building mass dont mix styles or goals

i rotate out routines from mass to cardio to strength to cardio to mass
these rules work for me what works for you?

Replies

• LovesGG
    LovesGG Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of THT4. The free e-book is right here: http://www.musclehack.com/targeted-hypertrophy-training-4-0-download-now/

But I've never fixed my schedule enough to have it exactly like how the book outlines.
    But I break one of their rules. I do cardio once a week now because my RHR was at 88 bpm and I was worried that maybe that contributed to my super fast metabolism... now it's at 76 and I would like it to down into the 60s.
  • bluetzu
    bluetzu Posts: 14
    Options
    Nice... I really like what the author has to say
  • bciochetti
    bciochetti Posts: 35
    Options
    This is my routine right now. All exercises are 5x5 with 2 warm up sets for my compound leg exercises and 1 warm up for all others.

Day 1
    Squat
    Pull Up
    Side Lateral Raises

Day 2
    Deadlift
    Bench Press
    Rope Tricep Extension

Day 3
    Box Squat
    Barbell Row
    Cable Curl

Day 4
    Stiff Leg Deadlift
    Military Press
    Seated Calf Raise

I'm definitely getting stronger, but I can't say that I've gained any weight in the 4-6 weeks I've been doing it so far. That's more of a diet issue as I have a bad tendency of not eating much on weekends.
  • BigL0s
    BigL0s Posts: 133
    Options
    Ditto to THT..I've been using it and have certainly seen results.
  • sevenminaya
    sevenminaya Posts: 112
    Options
    I'm currently using Pyramid down (starting with max and going down) and it has given me great results!!

I normally warmup with 15 reps of 50% my max. Then I go to my max and try to complete 4 - 6 reps. From there I start lowering the weight and increasing the reps. Never more than 12 reps.

It has worked perfectly for me. I find myself needing less spotting and developing strenght faster.
  • Blaqheart
    Blaqheart Posts: 235
    Options
    Just a thought, but see if this can help you. I use it 2 x wk and can do just 2 cycles, but I'm working towards 3. :happy:

It's called Peak Fitness
    http://fitness.mercola.com/sites/fitness/archive/2010/06/26/10-minutes-of-exercise-yields-hourlong-effects.aspx
  • chasper090
    chasper090 Posts: 14
    Options
    I like the pyramid method too Sevenminaya . I alternate the two you just mentioned. Im seeing gains but still tweaking my diet.
  • ericgAU
    ericgAU Posts: 271
    Options
    Anyone done Shortcut to Size (Jim Stoppani) from Bodybuilding.com? I'm 3 weeks into it and have definitely noticed overall size growth, particularly chest & back. Legs coming along nicely as well as arms. Ab work also fairly intense.

As far as these other programs/methods being used to promote hypertrophy, whats the go with nutrition? Shortcut to Size recommends around 21 cals per lb BW on training days & 17 cals per lb BW.