Any advice?

Options
missch1ck
missch1ck Posts: 5 Member
I downloaded the MFP app about a week ago; I love that it makes me more aware and accountable about what I eat. Now I'm looking to start an exercise regimen of cardio and strength training to knock some inches off my waist--tone my whole body. I would really like friends that are working towards the same goal to help motivate me.

Height: 5'1"
Weight: 120 Goal: 115
BFP: 29.8 Goal: 20

Does anyone have any advice that's worked for then?! I'm not too active and have an office job but I don't mind getting physical, again its the daily moivativaion.

Replies

• BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I've been here for over a year, and there is a LOT you can learn from this site/app. Here's my own stats:

Height: 5'2.5"
    Starting MFP Weight: 128 (was 132 before joining)
    Current Weight: 116-ish
    Starting BFP: 32
    Current BFP: 23-ish

I'm learning something new every day, but here are a few tips:

--Eat as cleanly as possible, if only because that means you can eat more. Calories go further this way.
    --Exercise more, especially since you have an office job. This can mean longer or more intense workouts.
    --To lower body fat percentage, cardio and a high protein diet are your best friends. Lifting weights will help as well. Eating 1g of protein per lb of lean body mass will help your body maintain its lean mass (muscle, etc.) while losing weight/burning fat.
    --Take it in small steps. We say it all the time here: "You didn't gain weight overnight. You're not gonna lose all the weight overnight either." Do your best every day to progress, and...
    --If you mess up, forgive yourself and move on. Each day is new. Don't let your past mistakes prevent you from making good choices now.