Introductions

Options
Elizabeth_C34
Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
Hi all! Please take a moment to say "hi" and give us a little info on your style!

--

My name is Elizabeth. I live in Miami, FL. I'm 5'8" and currently about 178 lbs. I love old-Hollywood classic Liz Taylor styles with a punch of jewel tone color. I love leather bags, and am addicted to Coach. I'm not a big fan of patterns, and I've really enjoyed getting to dress my new figure in the last year or so. It's been great to finally be able to wear beautiful things.

Replies

• Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    HIhi!

Im Jules and i love getting a deal on good fashion...I am 5'11" and currently weigh in the upper 180's...
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I might be the anti-fasionista, but I'm fearless!

I'm Lorina, 39 for a few more short weeks, when I'll turn 39 again. 5'5 and hovering around 130 lbs. My style... I love all kinds of glamour, but I seem to have an Inner Fran Drescher that's fighting to come out. Currently in a sequins tank top, denim capris and strappy high heels. :smile:

ETA: (Ow... shoes causing pain. Switching to boring less strappy and less high shoes. Got a race in the morning and I can't get blisters tonight!)
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    I might be the anti-fasionista, but I'm fearless!

I'm Lorina, 39 for a few more short weeks, when I'll turn 39 again. 5'5 and hovering around 130 lbs. My style... I love all kinds of glamour, but I seem to have an Inner Fran Drescher that's fighting to come out. Currently in a sequins tank top, denim capris and strappy high heels. :smile:

i seriously have looked at your pics and admired you! i am determined to sculpt myself like you have...hope that was non creepy!
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I'm Meg, I'm 48 and 5'5" and 130 lbs. I'm still searching for "my" style, and hope some of y'all can help!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Jorra here. I am pretty clueless about fashion. I've been hiding my fat with jeans and t-shirts my entire life. As I enter the professional world, that's obviously gotta change! I'll take any help I can get.

(Although the task of teaching me how to put on makeup has already been claimed by two other MFPs.)
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options
    Jorra here. I am pretty clueless about fashion. I've been hiding my fat with jeans and t-shirts my entire life. As I enter the professional world, that's obviously gotta change! I'll take any help I can get.

(Although the task of teaching me how to put on makeup has already been claimed by two other MFPs.)

I just went through this myself not too long ago. I had no idea how to dress myself professionally. Start a new thread, and we'll see if we can help :)
  • Perfectdiamonds1
    Perfectdiamonds1 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Nita, my style is classy elegant. Love shoes and dress, CW 217. Oh yes, I'm 48
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options
    Hello, I'm Nita, my style is classy elegant. Love shoes and dress, CW 217. Oh yes, I'm 48

Hi Nita! Welcome to the group! :)
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I'm Neve! I'm 28, 5'5.5" and currently 146 lbs. My style is a very toned-down goth aesthetic as of late (had to grow up a bit for college and work), and I'm a sucker for faux-fur lining (just got myself a set of arm warmers from Japan with faux fur around the hand lining!), mandarin collars, and cowl-neck tops. I am also a huuuuuge makeup fanatic and carry around two 16+ eyeshadow pallettes whenever I stay the night out.

But, while I love hair care talk and wear my hair long, I have no idea what to do with it or how. :laugh:
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options
    I'm Neve! I'm 28, 5'5.5" and currently 146 lbs. My style is a very toned-down goth aesthetic as of late (had to grow up a bit for college and work), and I'm a sucker for faux-fur lining (just got myself a set of arm warmers from Japan with faux fur around the hand lining!), mandarin collars, and cowl-neck tops. I am also a huuuuuge makeup fanatic and carry around two 16+ eyeshadow pallettes whenever I stay the night out.

But, while I love hair care talk and wear my hair long, I have no idea what to do with it or how. :laugh:

Welcome Neve!

I used to be very goth myself back in my first few years of high school and even into my first year of college. I love funky styles! Sounds like you'll be a great fun person to have here.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Hola everyone! I am Nisa, I am 22, 5'9ish and I am not sure what to call my style, but I like to dress plain and style it with amazing accessories and purses. I love sweaters and dress up button shirts. My specialty: accessories and purses/handbag

I want to change it up. But at the same time I am content with my style. Also I can be pretty random each day depending on how I feel.

Also, here is an almost everyday look for me (my prefer style)...Note: I don't wear heels everyday lol and sometimes a scarf will be added.

119697302566228677WeSoQRJzc.jpg
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options

Also, here is an almost everyday look for me (my prefer style)...Note: I don't wear heels everyday lol and sometimes a scarf will be added.

119697302566228677WeSoQRJzc.jpg

Hey Nisa! Thanks for joining!

LOVE this look. It's cute and girly but still comfy.
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    I am Lara (HonkyTonks) and I am 27 years old living in Brisbane, Australia. I am pretty geeky but I do love clothes and now that I have lost weight I am finally able to fit into the ones I really like! Very exciting :) I love the dress over stockings look -
    This is sort of the thing you'll see me in at work and so on:

red-dotti-dress-camel-vintage-cardigan-black-wedges_400.jpg
  • Pancua
    Pancua Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Katy, just turned 38 and a whopping 5'3".

I've lost an entire person (200+) pounds and learning how to dress in something that actually lays against my body versus something that completely hides it.

I like simple casual styles, jeans with a nice shirt and a funky shoe. I love showing off the waist I recently discovered and for the first time, I will be wearing a really form fitting dress similar to this one (http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=31894260) on a cruise my SO and I are going on for our anniversary. It will be the first time in my life I have ever worn something like this so I am pretty excited and scared out of my mind.

On top of all of this, I have rediscovered my love of heels as well as all things cosmetics. :D Happy to be here!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options
    @Lara: Welcome! I LOVE the boho styling in the pic you have. Very cute, and the red is gorgeous.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options

I've lost an entire person (200+) pounds and learning how to dress in something that actually lays against my body versus something that completely hides it.

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=31894260

I like simple casual styles, jeans with a nice shirt and a funky shoe. I love showing off the waist I recently discovered and for the first time, I will be wearing a really form fitting dress similar to this one (http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=31894260) on a cruise my SO and I are going on for our anniversary. It will be the first time in my life I have ever worn something like this so I am pretty excited and scared out of my mind.

On top of all of this, I have rediscovered my love of heels as well as all things cosmetics. :D Happy to be here!

SEXY!!!! And a huge CONGRATS on your weight loss. 200 lbs is amazing. I love that dress too. It's very figure flattering but still sexy and classy. Perfect.
  • Pancua
    Pancua Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    SEXY!!!! And a huge CONGRATS on your weight loss. 200 lbs is amazing. I love that dress too. It's very figure flattering but still sexy and classy. Perfect.

Thank you! I just hope I have the confidence to pull it off. We shall see how it goes!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options

Thank you! I just hope I have the confidence to pull it off. We shall see how it goes!

You stand up straight, pull those shoulderblades slightly together, and keep that head up high, and you will look like a million bucks in that dress. Confidence will make or break it, and my money is on you rockin' it bigtime.
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options

Welcome! Congrats on your weight loss! It is definitely a different world when you have more choices available to you shopping wise. I remember I used to choose clothes based on the fact that they fit, didn't make me look bigger than I already was and weren't too expensive. Now the world is our oyster :) Nice dress too :)
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I'm Rachel. 32. 5'9" 158lbs. I'm always been really casual but trying to dress nice for work, and nice for school. Mainly I just like looking "put together" over trendy.