milk allergy

Options
hypersensitiveb
hypersensitiveb Posts: 342 Member
My whole family seems to suffer from a milk allergy . It seems to cause every thing from sneezing to bowel problems. I had noticed when I was vegan that I was very regular as far as bm's go ( sorry for the tmi) now he question is .. Is it the milk allergy causing my family's constipation problems? My 13 year old was just in the hospital for this . I'm thinking she's developing the allergy . I did not get it until I was a teen as well. If it is that she's going to freek she loves cheese and did not handel being vegan well at all when I tried it.

Replies

• aldousmom
    aldousmom Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    dairy itself causes constipation, allergy or not.

Check out this article http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-mark-hyman/dairy-free-dairy-6-reason_b_558876.html

there are many, many health reasons to avoid dairy. I would also recommend watching Forks over Knives, too, if you haven't seen it. The information about dairy related to health is very compelling and informative.

I also like Disease-Proof your Child, by Joel Furhman if you like reading. I've found it so interesting and useful!

I'm sorry about the potential trouble you expect while removing dairy from your house. Sometimes parents have to make decisions that render them temporarily unpopular. LOL! oh, this happened to me so many times! ha ha! Good luck!
  • laurabini
    laurabini Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I suspect a lactose intolerance (taking breath test next monday) but I have different symptoms: diarrhea, bloated stomach and also stomachache..but I guess it can cause constipation too!
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I have known that I am lactose intolerant since I was 16 when the symptoms started, I'd have to rush to the bathroom right after having milk and my stomache just felt bad but it seemed to come and go but milk always triggered it and my doctor said yes I was lactose intolerant but probably also has ibs as it would be worse and better at times. I just started being 'vegan' and I don't get any ibs symptons anymore. From what I heard, people generally stop making the lactase enzyme as children so most people are lactose intolerant.