dogs interupting exercise

Options
Ok ok... I am a proud dog/cat/horse and yes fish mom. I was so upset today cause my eliptical time was cut short cause my black lab got something stuck in her paw. Instead of working out as long as I wanted, I spent my workout time nursing a paw. Anyone else ever have anything like this happen to them?

Replies

• lilac_meddow
    Options
    When I run outside I try to bring my dog except he likes to do what I call the leash slalom and occasionally gets right in front of my feet and I unknowingly kick him
  • alcon79
    alcon79 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    My cats interrupt whenever I workout at home. If I'm lying down to do abs or something, they want to sit on my stomach and hang out. Yesterday I had my mat out to prepare for some pushups, and after my cardio portion, my cat was snoozing on it. They also get waaaaay too close during my kickboxing DVD's. There have been some roundhouses to the face.
  • frosty73
    frosty73 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I've had that happen with my kids when they were really little and I'd get *so* ticked off at them! All that adrenaline got fueled into rage against the kiddos. :ohwell: My dogs, on the other hand--- I have to lock one of them in the crate when I exercise because otherwise she will lick my face every time I get near the floor.
  • Mcctin65
    Mcctin65 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    My dog gets right in my face when I try to do any floor exercises. He thinks it's time to wrestle or something. Zumba, he's right between my legs moving with me. Yoga or stretches, he lays on the floor next to me upside down apparently stretching, also!
  • Ritzbrit
    Ritzbrit Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Oh when I pull out my yoga mat my cat plops right down on it, lol.
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    I used to do 30DS in my living room and everytime I got near the floor, my dog Ollie would come over a lick my face. They also got really excited when I started doing jumping jacks.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I run with my dog and sometimes she has her own plan, chasing something, laying down in the road, stopping to mark her territory, etc. Sometimes she just decides she's done for the day and "pretends" she's tired. I know she's not because if she sees something she wants like a person or a bird she'll perk right back up! It totally ruins my pace! :laugh:

If I'm working out at home I put the dogs outside or in another room. They try to run in between my legs, play, lick my face while I'm stretching and all sorts of other crazy stuff.
  • EinTX
    EinTX Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I've learned to lock them out of the room until I'm finished. When I open the door they will all be sitting there patiently waiting. If I workout a little to long I will hear this snuffing along the bottom of the door, they are trying to decide if I'm still in there. It actually makes you feel good to be loved so much that they will sit right there and wait for you to open that door, it's not like I'm the only one in the house but I am the only one they are unable to see so I guess that makes me important.