45, fat and frumpy

Options
blackburn23
blackburn23 Posts: 385 Member
I'm a newby. I am currently 45, fat and frumpy but I want to be fiesty and fabulous. I will be turning 46 on June 23 and I sooooooo want to be several pounds lighter by then. I am new to MFP (1st week) and my start weight was 207 lbs. I have tracked my foods and exercise this week and I have learned that my food selections have not been that great sometimes. So far MFP has been a major eye opener!!!

Replies

• LifeinDC
    LifeinDC Posts: 34
    Options
    I'm no fashionista but one friend of mine who also carries some extra pounds has taken to wearing great light scarves to make her casual outfits a little more fun. My other tip is to put on lipstick whenever you feel like you need to be a little more put together. I don't wear other makeup often but the right shade of lipstick really helps. If you are not sure of the color, if might be worth it to go the department store once for a better tube and then you match at the drug store for a cheaper brand (because I am a frugalista!).

Feel free to add me, I'm not new but I am trying to use the friend feature now!
  • blackburn23
    Options
    Thanks for the "feel good" fashion tips. I don't wear a lot of makeup either, but I can always use a new shade of lipstick.
  • Goingnuts2
    Goingnuts2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Those were great ideas, I think I'll try the lipstick as well. I so relate to your clothes issue. My wardrobe of late has been very dark (blacks, blues, dark grays) I just took out my spring/summer clothes and actually tried on all of the pants and some shirts. I couldn't believe how they no longer fit because of my weight gain. :noway:

I ended up buying a black and tan pair of pants just so I don't look and feel so frumpy, and now have an incentive to lose the weight and get back into those clothes!!

If you're looking for some MFP friends, please feel free to add me. It's made a HUGE difference and the support and courage you get is awsome!

Kathy
  • Redbarngirl
    Options
    Hey there ! I didn't realize until lately ( my hubby actually pointed it out to me) that I only wore flowered tops !! OMGosh, talk about frumpy then add flowers !!! Not a good look. I have always wanted to look fashionable, classy not trashy you know. Rocking a killer hair-do always perks me up.

Let's all turn fat & frumpy into slim & sassy !!!
  • aodc909297
    aodc909297 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm all for that! Slim and Sassy! I have recently had to buy new clothes and in going through my pre-weight loss clothing, noticed that most everything is solid color and dark. Boring. My new purchases have been the great spring colors (turquoise, peach, sorbet green, yellows). I think it has a lot to do with my wanting to go unnoticed when I was overweight and now, I feel I can get a little more risky with fashion. It's hard though, because at 48 years old, I really don't want to look like I'm trying to be my 22 year old daughter!!! If anyone can recommend some great clothing websites, I'd love recommendations.
  • LifeinDC
    LifeinDC Posts: 34
    Options
    If you are in the USA, I think chicos.com has good stuff (make sure to sign up to be passport member, it is free and then you get free shipping). Their stores are a good place to start because they do have their own sizing system, but the website explains the equivalents. If things seem expensive check out the clearance. Likewise, coldwartercreek.com is also nice and has amazing sales as well. And I find good deals on both casual and dressier clothes at sierratradingpost.com. Both Chico's and Sierra Trading Post also have features where you can filter by sizes which makes browsing easier. I often get ads for these sites on MFP.
  • blackburn23
    Options
    I lost 3 pounds last week and then totally blew the diet today!!!ARGH!!! Now, I'm a grumpy frump! Oh well, guess who getting a new shade of lipstick?
  • seguess
    seguess Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Cute new shoes are helpful, too. :happy:
  • GlendaEMT
    GlendaEMT Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi! I just started on My Fitness Pal today. Got my exercise in for the day & have eaten all 3 meals. I've not done so good on the fat calories allowed though. Going to have to watch those better.
  • blackburn23
    Options
    Today I walked for 35 minutes and did some strength training. I also did much better with my calorie intake. Yippee!!!