Hi I'm new and looking for advice...

Options
Victoria2448
Victoria2448 Posts: 559 Member
Hello,
I am going on a business trip to Las Vegas in June. I will be attending conferences and some very nice parties. I bought a gown for the big main event party...but need some ideas for the other parties.

The events are at the MGM Grand, one is at the Wet Republic. I am looking for something fun, comfortable but different.

I was thinking some cool pants with a great top...

Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Replies

• AthenaErr
    AthenaErr Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Can you give us a bit more - size and shape - you quite tall? Feel like heels or not really, or if so how high can you manage. What do you like to look like: I dunno elegant, cute, girly, sweet, sophisticated, quirky, fierce, sexy etc. Tbh I feel I am only really good at dressing myself but maybe with a bit more I would find it easier to suggest something
  • Victoria2448
    Options
    I am short and curvy, around a size 2 for jeans bigger for tops.....I can't wear really high heels (although I love the way they look) I would rather have something lower and comfortable. (I love boots but not sure that would work well in the heat of Vegas)

I would love a funky rock star look for the other parties....but classy as well.

I was thinking, some different looking dress pants...everything I find in the stores are just so blah...no interest to them, if that makes sense.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Will you have time to change between the day time work events and the night time parties?

Vegas is definitely going to be hot -- are you thinking more 'rock star' like black leather and big jewelery or 'rock star' like "damn, I'm edgy and look like a million bucks"?

Because I'm a HUGE fan of the 'edgy but look like a million bucks' look.

I'd wear something like this one night:

AAAAAra7R44AAAAAAK6rCA.jpg?v=1197395243000
    image1xl.jpg
    gladiator-sandals-304.jpg

With bold contrasting bracelets:

Swatch-Bijoux-Translucent-Dark-Green-Bracelet-JB000015-5.jpg

So, you've got a black tank that's sparkly (bring along a pashmina or super light cardigan if you're worried about cold), bright and flowy trouser-cut pants, and faux-snakeskin gladiator sandals. (paint your toes chrome! omg!)

.... I can pull another outfit if you want.. if you like this one..
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I find most of my awesome clothes in thrift stores - there you will find things that do not exist (or do not exist any more) in a current clothing store. My second most favorite place to shop is ebay. If you find something you like that isn't your size you can always search for that brand and usually find their website to order what you want, and see if more of their clothing line fits your taste. It sounds like you will know what you want when you see it, you just haven't found it yet. For Vegas I would recommend good comfortable sandals that will work dressy and casual, at least one skirt, a peasant style blouse (particularly if you can find one sleeveless or split sleeve), and some snazzy sunglasses...at least at this point you still have plenty of time to shop!
  • Victoria2448
    Options
    Will you have time to change between the day time work events and the night time parties?

Vegas is definitely going to be hot -- are you thinking more 'rock star' like black leather and big jewelery or 'rock star' like "damn, I'm edgy and look like a million bucks"?

Because I'm a HUGE fan of the 'edgy but look like a million bucks' look.

I'd wear something like this one night:

AAAAAra7R44AAAAAAK6rCA.jpg?v=1197395243000
    image1xl.jpg

gladiator-sandals-304.jpg

With bold contrasting bracelets:

Swatch-Bijoux-Translucent-Dark-Green-Bracelet-JB000015-5.jpg

So, you've got a black tank that's sparkly (bring along a pashmina or super light cardigan if you're worried about cold), bright and flowy trouser-cut pants, and faux-snakeskin gladiator sandals. (paint your toes chrome! omg!)

.... I can pull another outfit if you want.. if you like this one..

Yes I do have time to change and glam up in between!

Yes! Edgy and look like a million bucks is the exact way to describe it!!!

I love gladiators...comfy... and it's funny because my toes are painted chrome right now!!! wow!!!

I bought a very nice bright red polish with a sbit of sparkle to go with my gold evening gown...
  • Victoria2448
    Options
    I find most of my awesome clothes in thrift stores - there you will find things that do not exist (or do not exist any more) in a current clothing store. My second most favorite place to shop is ebay. If you find something you like that isn't your size you can always search for that brand and usually find their website to order what you want, and see if more of their clothing line fits your taste. It sounds like you will know what you want when you see it, you just haven't found it yet. For Vegas I would recommend good comfortable sandals that will work dressy and casual, at least one skirt, a peasant style blouse (particularly if you can find one sleeveless or split sleeve), and some snazzy sunglasses...at least at this point you still have plenty of time to shop!

Thank you!
    That is exactly what I tell the salesgirls..I'll know it when I see it.:smile: