High Weight Loss

Options
When you lose 4lbs+ a week is that considered bad? I know when you read things about weight loss they always say losing 1-2 lbs a week is the goal, but is that for people who only need to lose 10lbs? I mean when you are in our situation where some of us need to lose 100lbs+ it can't be bad to drop 4lbs in a week, I would assume. Just curious on your thoughts.

Replies

• beebee0925
    beebee0925 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    bump
  • craigers13
    craigers13 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't necessarily consider it bad. As long as you're eating enough and exercising then I don't see too much of an issue. I think it depends on how much you have to lose, ie) if you have a lot to lose then it will come off in bigger chunks whereas if it's only a little to lose then it should be lower. I think in the end it's all a matter of whether your eating habits are sustainable in the long run rather than a fad diet that you can't sustain forever.

Good work though!
  • yo_sushi
    yo_sushi Posts: 77
    Options
    I'd say run with it if you feel fine.
  • HowieTwoPointZero
    HowieTwoPointZero Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I'm going for 3.5 lbs a week myself but I'm like 170 lbs overweight at this point so.... I think of it like a percentage.
  • sabotai
    sabotai Posts: 25
    Options
    my big goal is to lose 36 more lbs by August 1st, that is my one year on MFP. If i actually hit that goal I would have lost 144lbs since I joined MFP, and a total loss of around 500lbs... I know that sounds crazy but... its a fact!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    it's normal for someone who is heavier. I wish I was still losing at that rate myself. I have slowed down quite a bit.
  • cyclingben
    cyclingben Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I agree with all if you can do it and live a normal healthy life than there is no problem with large weight losses. i have a running chart of my % and lbs i have lost since jan. I average around 4 lbs a week but now its starting to slow down since im getting close to my goal weight and iv started doing alot heavier weights.. I eat alot of healthy foods and when im hungry i eat (unless its midnight)

I am averaging a 1.3% a week.

Think about that percentage for a smaller person they would loose less to get the same results in %.
    150 lbs person at that same % would be 1.95 Lbs a week plus the larger you are the more calories you burn.