Week of insanity....no weight lost.....advice please

Anyone please share...... Today starts week 3 of Insanity. I started at 141 and am 5'2 female. Weighed my self this morning and not down any weight also my clothes still fit the same. How long does it take your body to start changing. I am eating lots of protein and few carbs. I track my food anf keep it around 1500 calories. That is even hard for me to get down in one day. I have also cut all booze except for red wine on Friday and Saturday evenings. I am doing 1/2 scoop protein shake with water after my workout as well. Nu Tek strawberry. Getting very discouraged!! Any advice????

Replies

• ifitone
    ifitone Posts: 1
    I just finished round 1 of Insanity & got great results, at 44yo, possibly the leanest & healthiest in my life. I've even gotten 4 friends & co-workers to start Insanity, each at different stages, & varying degrees of results... My advice is stick with the program, it will work if you put your all into it. You're probably already doing it but here's a few things you should recheck... Did you figure what your caloric needs to maintain based on your age, height, physical activities, etc? You need to eat 500 calories less a day to lose 1lb/week (not accounting for excercise). Don't dip below 1200kcal or your body will slow down its metabolic rate. Did you cut out unnecessary bad calories from sodas, juices, white bread, fried foods, pizzas, etc? Are you eating 5-6 smaller meals a day with more fresh fruits, vegetables, & lean proteins? Are you drinking plenty of H2O, getting plenty of sleep, & giving your all to your work-outs? If so...you are probably getting results without realizing it...Muscles weighs more than fat, so you could just be replacing your fat with muscles from your work-outs which your scale is not smart enough to account for, so don't focus on your scale. Instead, listen to your body: Do you feel better, stronger, faster; Are the workouts getting easier? Look in the mirror: you should see some minor changes at first but it'll get more pronounce if you stick with it! It took me 30 days to see definite changes & about 6 weeks before I saw some drastic changes but results will depend on different body types & efforts. Keep at it! You will get there! As Shaun would say, "Dig Deeper!". Good luck!
  • mariacolumbus
    mariacolumbus Posts: 227 Member
    hang in there....its has usually taken me about a month when starting a new program to see results....that seems like a long time, but keep it up and you'll see results. Also, make sure you are being honest with your calories eaten and calories burned.
  • I finished about a month ago and I have to tell you that I did not lose any weight. I gained a TON of muscle and my endurance was through the roof. Try not to focus on the scale, make sure you're getting enough carbs and protein to fuel those workouts, and just you wait for month 2...that's when your *kitten* actually gets kicked.
  • svioleta
    svioleta Posts: 21 Member
    I wouldn't focus on what the scale says. I would focus more so on the measurements. I did a round of Insanity and didn't lose any weight during the first month. You will notice more difference during month 2. Don't give up.
  • mabear74
    mabear74 Posts: 248
    Hang in there! Most of my weight loss with INsanity happened in the second month. Are you only eating 1500 cals? That may not be enough, If I remember correctly I believe the book suggest somewhere along 1800. Make sure you are drinking lots of water also.....I cannot stress what a difference it can make. Also try tracking your progress minus the scale. Use your fit tests and measurements as your basis for success.
  • LuxHappens
    LuxHappens Posts: 72 Member
    Like the others said... don't watch the scale. If you lose pounds it will be later on (second month).

I am on week 3 and haven't lost a pound! However I see definition that wasn't there before in my tummy, arms, and thighs.
    My clothes are a little more comfy (when they were tight before) and people around me are noticing a difference.

Keep it up!

Choose a pair of old pants to be your "goal jeans" and watch how well they start to fit.

Just don't give up. Dig deep!
  • This too is happening to me. Don't worry though. When I done my first round of P90x last year I had to up my calorie intake after about the first three weeks. Now that I'm doing insanity the same things happening. When I figured my calorie intake through the insanity program it calculated me eating 1800 calories per day. I assumed this was too many and cut it down to around 1400 a day. Bad mistake!! I've recently uped it to 1800 and I can feel and see the difference. I also started drinking a good recovery drink (Xtend Intra-workout/Green Apple Explosion) during my workouts and that has helped.
  • My Friend Richard Armour and I have been on Insanity for almost 5 weeks we are currently almost at the end of our recovery week to head into the last 4 weeks of hell! Rich has lost 8lb in weight so far and I have lost over 1 stone in weight. We are both looking forward to the hell to come as the first 4 weeks were bad enough.

I myself haven't followed any regime until now so this will be interesting. Richard has followed as close as he can to all the advice given. We are all different maybe the weight loss has been replaced by muscle gained so looks like some people are not losing but some times the body hides what is actually happening.