Eight Pieces of Brocade

Got up today, rode the bicycle, then practiced the Chi Kung...Wonderful! What's everyone else doing for practice?:smile:

Replies

• sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 549 Member
    I love to practice outside. But I only do so when my neighbor's car is gone because she can see me and I feel weird. Needless to say, my practice is sporadic. When I do practice indoors, my cats thinks it's cool . . .
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    At one venue, squirrels often hop by, pause, chatter "dafuq?" in squirrel language to each other, stare for a good few minutes wondering if the room is filled with treacle, then get hungry and go looking for nuts.
  • althaluszombie
    althaluszombie Posts: 94 Member
    I love to practice outside. But I only do so when my neighbor's car is gone because she can see me and I feel weird. Needless to say, my practice is sporadic. When I do practice indoors, my cats thinks it's cool . . .
    You should try to get your neighbor in it to so they can look silly with you. Try to block out social perceptions. They only hinder your progress. It can be embarrassing to practice where people will see you because it looks silly and people are often very condescending towards things they do not understand. Try to worry less of other people and more on your practice. Also I noticed the more confident the practitioner the less stares and trouble from others. Overall most practice is meant to stay indoors so that your energy leakage is able to be absorbed back into the body instead of dissipating into the atmosphere.
  • I too, rode the bicycle..

Warmed up and found, to my delight, a HUGE open field where some housing development had fallen through...

Grassy, deserted...hundreds of yards from the (nearly derserted street).

Did a partial Ba Duan Jin practice, breathed deep...Beautiful.

It was one of those free gifts that can't be described.

Hope every one is feeling great, and flowing well!

Lo
  • althaluszombie
    althaluszombie Posts: 94 Member
    I too, rode the bicycle..

Warmed up and found, to my delight, a HUGE open field where some housing development had fallen through...

Grassy, deserted...hundreds of yards from the (nearly derserted street).

Did a partial Ba Duan Jin practice, breathed deep...Beautiful.

It was one of those free gifts that can't be described.

Hope every one is feeling great, and flowing well!

Lo

Excellent post. Thank you, Lo.
    I have some luck in that there is a huge empty field several hundred meters ending in forested creek.
    I usually circle walk between my 3 trees in my back yard. it can be very peaceful.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member

Excellent post. Thank you, Lo.
    I have some luck in that there is a huge empty field several hundred meters ending in forested creek.
    I usually circle walk between my 3 trees in my back yard. it can be very peaceful.

Sounds like there's potential to make money... run classes there!

• Excellent post. Thank you, Lo.

Sounds like there's potential to make money... run classes there!

I still believe in secret places and unspoiled silence....

I was a bodysurfer as a kid, and the surfing code was simple: You find a sweet break, you don't tell anyone else....It'll become crowded and pawed over soon enough. :noway:
  • Remembered some great advice today: "Go lower in those Horses stances"...True. :sad:
  • Again...A wonderful day in the Florida Keys...Did a partial set of Ba Duan Jin: Lift The Sky...Draw the Bow...Great stuff...I feel great. :wink:
  • Indeed! Just started gong fu again.....Pretty stoked, and only good thoughts shall be entertained.:glasses: :love:
  • Papa_Grande
    Papa_Grande Posts: 63 Member
    Did the set this morning......Very, very out of sync, rigid...breathing poorly.....With practice comes improvement. The ancients said to practice 100 days to create the first drop of eternal elixir!

99 to go. :bigsmile:
  • I am just starting Ba Gua Jin. I hope to make it a regular part of my lifestyle. I used to try Zhan Zhang but holding the stances was hard on me. I mean a form of QiGung that has you doing intensive stretches before you even start is a little to hard for me. Master Lam Kam Chuen in Way of Energy has you doing Brocade before you start a Zhan session.

I am also starting to practice Iaido. I find that the precise movements and control coupled with the slow and fast movements intertwinning is very meditative and energizing. The traing drills of 100 cuts is very soft aerobic. Somewhere around cut 60, that bokken starts to feel like it weighs thirty pounds.

I live right next to Acadia National Park and look forward to practising on some of the moutain tops with views of the forests and the Atlantic Ocean.
  • tommytorpedo
    tommytorpedo Posts: 53 Member
    I'm learning the eight pieces. so far I know: Two Hands Hold up the Heavens, Drawing the Bow, Separate Heaven and Earth and Wise Owl Gazes Backwards.