crazy stories

Options
christine24t
christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
Does anyone have any crazy stories about how someone they know met their current bf/gf/spouse?

My friends and I met this guy freshman year and went over to his house. After meeting, we all friended him on Facebook. He went through our photos and said "this one girl X is really cute...invite her over." We did, and she ended up coming the next time and they eventually started dating. Kinda funny how he said "she's cute i want her!" and boom got her. They've been dating for a little over two years now.

My other roommate was dating this guy and ended up falling for his roommate...they've been dating for three years now!

Replies

• bruintamer
    bruintamer Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    When my older sis was in high school, she was dating this gangster and when my parents found out, they freaked out naturally. Sent her two hours south to live with my uncle and aunt for a minute to get her away from the guy. Little did they know they were sending her off to her destiny. She met my aunt's (aunt by marriage -- married to my mom's brother) brother there and ran off and got married to him despite his having a baby on the way with another girl. 15 years later, they're still together and have 4 kids. So, my aunt and uncle's kids are my first cousins and also my nieces and nephews first cousins...kinda weird...
  • NeedANewFocus
    NeedANewFocus Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    When my older sis was in high school, she was dating this gangster and when my parents found out, they freaked out naturally. Sent her two hours south to live with my uncle and aunt for a minute to get her away from the guy. Little did they know they were sending her off to her destiny. She met my aunt's (aunt by marriage -- married to my mom's brother) brother there and ran off and got married to him despite his having a baby on the way with another girl. 15 years later, they're still together and have 4 kids. So, my aunt and uncle's kids are my first cousins and also my nieces and nephews first cousins...kinda weird...

it's so crazy how this kind of stuff works out. I have a funny situation in my realm of cousins too....
    I have these two first cousins...let's call them M and A. M is my first cousin. A is also my first cousin. M is A's uncle. A's mom is the sister to T's wife.

Sorry ...i know that's a little off topic but just wanted to share.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    When I was in jr college they made me the lab assistant (i picked up computers naturally) That required me to teach the lab projects even though I was only a freshman.

I had a huge crush on a sophomore I taught in the lab. But she dated one of the football players (I knew him and wasn't going to act on it). The chemistry was definitely there.

So, a month or so later (during he summer), I see her out with another guy. I walk up and she introduces me to her date. I shake his hand, then turn to her and say,"We should go out some time. What's your number?". She gives it to me.

We went out a few times but it didn't take long to decide we weren't right for each other.
  • SouthernSweetie74
    Options

it's so crazy how this kind of stuff works out. I have a funny situation in my realm of cousins too....
    I have these two first cousins...let's call them M and A. M is my first cousin. A is also my first cousin. M is A's uncle. A's mom is the sister to T's wife.
    Sorry ...i know that's a little off topic but just wanted to share.

I need a compass to follow that! :tongue:
  • SouthernSweetie74
    Options
    almost dated my brother-in-law. :noway:

BUT

We became really good friends instead. :drinker:

My first husband and I had mutual friends throughout high school and afterwards. We weren't really friends, but we did see each other at parties.:drinker: One night, I was at a friend's house, and she called him up and said, "Hey, I've got someone over here that likes you..." :love: (I KNEW NOTHING ABOUT THIS) And he came flying over... we ended up talking until morning (yeah, we were young)... he treated me differently than all the other guys up until that point :flowerforyou: (meaning he didn't try to get in my pants right away).. I ended up marrying him 3 months later. :heart:

We were together for 9 yrs. (He passed away 6 and 1/2 years ago.)
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    My sister met her husband at freshmen orientation in college. She was in line right in front of him to register for classes. She was wearing pink fleece pajama pants with flamingos all over them (that's how she rolls). They let several people into the registration room and closed the door right when they got to my sister. She turned around and looked at the guy behind her and said "I guess they don't want me." He looked her up and down and said "It's the pants." They dated all four years of college, broke up right before graduation, and he moved to Arizona. They dated other people for two years, and he called her and begged her to come visit him in AZ, so she did. She came back 4 days later and told us they were getting married. They've been married 4 years.

My brother met his wife at my sister's college graduation. She was there to see her sister-in-law graduate, and she and her family were sitting a few rows in front and across the aisle from my family. She and my brother stared at each other for 2 hours throughout the ceremony. When it was over and we all went outside, she saw us and "arranged" for her family to stand next to ours while we were waiting for everyone to come out. But my brother was too nervous to go talk to her. I guess she gave up on him coming over because she started to walk away and then stopped. My brother thought it was his last chance, so he went over and introduced himself. He didn't ask for her number, but he found out where she worked and went by there the next week. He asked a co-worker for her number and called and asked her out. He said he knew within a month that he was going to marry her, and they've been married for nearly 5 years.
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    Actually the story of how my brother met his wife is interesting. It also provides an example of why not to be too rigid in your "dating rules." They both work for the same corporation and were introduced through a coworker on a bus to a leadership conference. They talked a little bit and my brother trashed her college when he learned she just graduated (their schools are conference rivals). About a month later he went searching for her office phone number in the company directory and narrowed it down to three potential Julies and called her to ask her out. He said there was a long pause where she didn't say anything. During the awkward silence, he threw out "unless your opposed to having fun" at which point she said okay. (She says the pause was because she didn't remember him and was trying to think who he was.) According to her, she had sex with him on the first date and still can't believe she did. It gets interesting because they set up a second date for a night that she had a soccer game and she would call him after the game was over. He was freaking out because she hadn't called over two hours after she said to expect it. He figured she was blowing him off and wasn't going to call her. His roommate told him to give her a call just make sure she was okay and nothing happened to her during the game. She answered the phone by saying "I'm on the line with you now. How did you call me when I was talking to you?" It turns out she couldn't read his handwriting and called the wrong number. He was so goofy and kidded her so much on the first date she didn't believe the guy who kept telling her she had the wrong number and that my brother was obviously a jerk who gave her a bad number. She called the guy back like 6 times thinking it was my brother playing a prank on her. Had my brother followed his rule and not called her back, he probably would have been chalked up to another jerk using a woman for sex and bolting. They've been married a little over 10 years now and look more in love with each other every time I see them.
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    I met a girl once. Shes liked stuff. I said "Same". End of story.
  • christine24t
    Options
    About a month later he went searching for her office phone number in the company directory and narrowed it down to three potential Julies and called her to ask her out.

Cute I love that he looked her up!
  • Laura_Suzie
    Laura_Suzie Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    My parents met at a Luau. My dad was the one who killed and roasted the pig. True Story.
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    My parents crazy story:
    In high school, Elaine dates Kenny. Albert dates Diane. Kenny leaves to go in the Marine Corp. Diane leaves to go to flight attendant school. Elaine and Albert meet , Elaine sends Dear john lettter to Kenny, and Elaine and Albert get married. Diane ends up marrying Jerry.
    Albert and Elaine have a child. Jerry and Diane have a child. Albert and Elaine get divorced. Jerry and Diane get divorced. Kenny now comes back into picture and he and Elaine get back together and get married. Albert and Diane get back together and get married.

I am the child of Albert and Elaine and they were divorced when I was 2, and have been married to their second spouse and in both cases high school sweethearts for 36 years :)

I tease that making me was the only reason they were ever together......fun story!
  • Steelheart7
    Steelheart7 Posts: 1,056
    Options
    How I met my exhusband .. lol..

I went to college to be a paralegal, my first job was working for a criminal defense lawyer. My exhusband brought in a fist full of traffic tickets. He refused to pay his bill until I went to dinner with him. lol. We dated for 6 months and moved in together, got married within a year after that.

That should have been my first warning .. never date a man who you meet at a criminal attorneys office. bahahahahahahaha!
  • Steelheart7
    Options
    My parents actually lived across the street from each other when they were growing up. My mom was best friends with my dads sister. She spent the night there and used my dads pillow. He got mad and ripped the pillow out from under her head when she was sleeping. lol. They have been married now for 43 years.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options

I went to college to be a paralegal, my first job was working for a criminal defense lawyer. My exhusband brought in a fist full of traffic tickets. He refused to pay his bill until I went to dinner with him. lol. We dated for 6 months and moved in together, got married within a year after that.

That should have been my first warning .. never date a man who you meet at a criminal attorneys office. bahahahahahahaha!

More like never date a person who has a fist full of outstanding traffic tickets. You could date a criminal attorney who works at a law office. Some criminal attorneys can be good catches.
  • Steelheart7
    Options

More like never date a person who has a fist full of outstanding traffic tickets. You could date a criminal attorney who works at a law office. Some criminal attorneys can be good catches.

Very good point DM! lol
  • christine24t
    Options
    My parents actually lived across the street from each other when they were growing up. My mom was best friends with my dads sister. She spent the night there and used my dads pillow. He got mad and ripped the pillow out from under her head when she was sleeping. lol. They have been married now for 43 years.

Aw I love that they were neighbors!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Well since I am single I don't have a story but my parents story is cute.

This was the late 60s. My parents were both at a bar. My mom was sitting on a railing with her back to my dad.
    She was tipsy and laughing and leaned back and her hair piece fell off and my dad caught it.
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Well since I am single I don't have a story but my parents story is cute.

This was the late 60s. My parents were both at a bar. My mom was sitting on a railing with her back to my dad.
    She was tipsy and laughing and leaned back and her hair piece fell off and my dad caught it.

I love this!
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I am the child of Albert and Elaine and they were divorced when I was 2, and have been married to their second spouse and in both cases high school sweethearts for 36 years :)

I tease that making me was the only reason they were ever together......fun story!

wow! fun story!
  • bruintamer
    bruintamer Posts: 183 Member
    Options

wow! fun story!

Hey Janie..you know how you gave me your sis' info because she lives in the same county I do...so I was sending her a text but got one of the digits wrong and ended up texting this random, tall, attractive, eligible guy instead. We're still texting each other weeks later...alas he lives too far. Would have been a cute how we met story though!