Introductions

Options
CGianunzio
CGianunzio Posts: 13 Member
Hey everyone,

Feel free to leave a post about yourself and what aspects of MFP is going right and what is going wrong. Give some background on yourself if you feel comfortable posting that information.

My name is Chris Gianunzio and I am 28 years old. I am married and have a wonderful baby girl who is currently 16 months old. I recently finished my bachelors program at Peru State College here in Nebraska. I wend to school and worked full time for about 4 and 1/2 years. As you can imagine this left little time to do just about anything which is why I am making a huge effort to change the lifestyle that I became accustomed to.

I started at my weight loss at 225lbs on April 18, 2012. Currently I am down ten pounds to 214.8. I find myself being more aware of what foods are good to eat and what foods are bad. I haven't changed a lot in my diet but I have found that simply counting calories and exercising has helped me get to where I am today.

I look forward to meeting new members and developing a bond that will help us accomplish our goals. Good luck to all.

Thanks,

Chris Gianunzio

Replies

• JillSandm
    JillSandm Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi, Chris. I'm Jill. Here are my stats:

Current Location: Aurora
    Hometown: Grand Island
    Marital Status: Married 13 years
    Children: Currently, just one. Jacob is 9. Our daughter passed away last fall at age 10 after a six year fight with leukemia.
    Education: Bachelor's Degree in Literature from Hastings College
    Start Date: March 21, 2012
    Height: 5'5"
    Start Weight: 180
    Current Weight: 171
    Goal Weigth: 150, then we'll see about 130.
    Daily Calorie Goal: 1400 (for a pound per week loss)
    Daily Exercise Goal: 300 calories burned - alternating Jillian Michael's dvd and C25K on treadmill (Sundays off of exercise!)

Motivation: General overall health. Want to be a good role model for my boy. Want to turn my hubby's head again!:love:

Probably more than you ever wanted to know, huh? Anyway - nice to see another Cornhusker on here!
  • dorkboi
    dorkboi Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! My name is Chrys. I'm in Bellevue, a stay home parent of 3 rugrats ages 16, 12 and 10. My wife and I have been married almost a year. I started my journey at 235lbs and am currently down 10lbs. I had a couple of health scares that made me get real about my health and weight. Right now watching calories and making healthier choices and as much exercise as I can manage with my medical issues.
  • JBApplebee
    JBApplebee Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I'm Jim. I'm 43, been married 18 years with two kids, 16 & 13. I live just outside Lincoln, work two jobs (UNL & Wal-Mart) and I started getting healthier last winter. I started out at more than 255 lbs & have currently lost more than 35 lbs. I have sleep apnea, plantar fasciitis (had it for 3-4 years). Things got so bad I could barely walk upright, especially after my double shift days.

The first step for me was Synergy. With Active Release Therapy (ART), I was able to get rid of most of the pain in my foot & back, then with my CPAP machine, I started sleeping better, which helped my energy level. Now I work out 5-6 days a week & I'm training to run the 10K in the Havelock Run in early June. I reached my first goal of getting down to 220 pounds, now I'm going to get to below 200 pounds, hopefully by my birthday in early August.
  • CGianunzio
    CGianunzio Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi Jill!! Very nice to have you in the group. It sounds like you are well on your way to accomplishing your goals. I actually have two really good friends that live in Aurora, Tim and Vicky Wylie. There are in the late 20s. Tim is actually an amature MMA fighter and I believe Vicky works for the county offices. I am very sorry to hear about your daughter. I can only imagine how hard that must have been for you. I look forward to getting to know you more and helping motivate you with your goals.

Hi Chrys!! Nice to have you in the group as well. I dig the mohawk. I used to have one of those back in my band days. I bet those kids help keep you on the go which is always good in burning calories. Keep working towards your goals. We will all be here to help motivate each other and make sure we stay on track.

Hey Jim!! I am a die hard Cubs fan myself. It's just too bad I will probably die before I ever see them win a World Series. I work and live in Lincoln as well. I'm sorry to hear about your crippling condition. It doesn't sound like you were able to do much because of it. I hope the weight loss helps in susiding some of those ailments. I see you have lost more than 35lbs. Congrats and keep up the great work!!
  • robynhunt
    robynhunt Posts: 1
    Options
    My name is Robyn! I work with Chris Gianunzio...I know...I know, that's my problem. He got me started on this site and I am quite impressed because it lets me know exactly how many calories I have left to scarf at supper!!!! He tries to come off all healthy but he is full of it!

Robyn
  • HornedFrogPride
    HornedFrogPride Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Howdy! Lincolnite & marathon man checking in to say hi. I've lost 27.5 lbs. this year and am just gettin' warmed up! Love the accountability system that MFP provides-wish I realized how helpful it was long ago. Hope y'all are having a good summer;)
    -Jeremy