Intros!

Options

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I'm 31 years old, 5'9, 165 lbs and a 30G! But even when I weighed 118 lbs (sickly thin) I was a 28F, so I'm stuck with these suckers for life unless I go under the knife. I got them in jr high, was embarrassed by them, and walked around hunched over to hide them, and as a result, have terrible posture to this day. I recently RAN a half marathon, and the stupid things cause the straps in my insufficient sports bra to rub through all my layers of skin... That knife is sounding better and better... but my husband would flip out.

i HATE that. i learned the hard way that i have to check the strap sizes. i cant believe how many bras for G,H etc sizes that claim to be high impact but with strap widths the same as my pretty panache bras. i was so mad once at a bra i bough like this (it was a goddess) that i wrote them a scathing email complete with photos of what their so called high impact bra did to my shoulders. taking a shower hurt for a week since it took so long to heal. i wanted to punch someone in the face and since i couldnt i took it out on the email :laugh:

they sent me 2 free bras and gave me a refund on the torture bra i bought. i still use them on low impact days but NO way will i ever use them for running
  • enyo123
    enyo123 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I buy my bras at European boutiques. When I'm in the States, I usually end up in Seattle, so I go to Nancy Meyer (they have a website, but I don't think I'm allowed to list it under the forum rules?) and Zovo Lingerie. In my city (in BC), I'm fortunate enough to have another store that sells European brands. Unfortunately, the mark up is like triple what I pay in the States. Yuck.

Gah. This was a reply to newcreature001, but I failed to quote. D'oh.
  • Squirrel_52696
    Options
    Hi, I'm Kelly. Just joining. Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the group title! I'm a 42 D, 5'6, and just over 200. I've got a lot to loose. I've been having trouble also finding a sports bra. I was a 36B before the kids, so I really don't know where to even start.

And whoever said they come off the girls first lied. I've heard it too. My sister has always been way better endowed and when she lost almost half a person her's never went down at all. I'm hoping some of mine goes down. My husband cries foul and carries on like he's about to loose a family member every time I mention it. I tell him he should try carrying them around 24/7.

I know the bra I have isn't digging into me anymore (Victoria's Secret - from years ago) and generally fits better. The underwires aren't digging in anymore. I used to be in a hurry to get it off after a work out just from it digging in so badly.

I have a trainer and she's been working heavily on the chest area to get the underlining muscles toned. It's a little annoying that some exercises have had to be modified to allow for my chest or she physically has to place a hand on the muscle that's being targeted to make sure it's being engaged, because I don't feel it at all.
  • rhythmicveggie
    Options
    Hi, I'm Monica. I'm 5' 3" and I'm a 36 DD (it was a DDD last time I was measured, but I think the size has decreased a bit since then...).
    I love that I found this group! I have been searching high and low for a decent sports bra, and I'm excited to follow up on some of these suggestions. Thank you so much! :)
    I must have pretty weak shoulder muscles, or bad posture or something, because I'm always getting some shoulder and back pain. The reduction surgery is covered by my province's health care program, but I'm hesitant to go ahead with it because of some of the risks :/
    My boyfriend has joked about them, and has told me about fifty times that I don't need a reduction. So I filled a nylon sock with the weight of my boobs in rice, and I sewed that into an old bra of mine, and made him wear it for three days straight. I haven't heard any jokes about my boobs since then.
  • fimary
    fimary Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Hi

i am fi. i am only 4ft 10 and current weight is 148lbs, but chest is 36G, i have lost 34lbs and in the past always went down to a size 34F, but this time i dont seem to be losing any weight of them at all, between them they must weigh a fair few lbs....

annoying how (in uk) all the shop sports bra's are always B and C
  • Sentrita
    Sentrita Posts: 26
    Options
    Hi, I'm Shantra and I wear a 42DD. I had my little girl about 10 months ago and am still breastfeeding, but my breasts correspond to my weight loss, not by much, but still. So I wonder if, when I'm done breastfeeding in a couple months, my weight will go down easier due to lack of milk production. I am very glad there is a group for this. :D
  • miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options

My boyfriend has joked about them, and has told me about fifty times that I don't need a reduction. So I filled a nylon sock with the weight of my boobs in rice, and I sewed that into an old bra of mine, and made him wear it for three days straight. I haven't heard any jokes about my boobs since then.

You, my friend, are a genius!
  • enyo123
    Options

I must have pretty weak shoulder muscles, or bad posture or something, because I'm always getting some shoulder and back pain. The reduction surgery is covered by my province's health care program, but I'm hesitant to go ahead with it because of some of the risks :/

As for the pain, I've had back problems even before I grew a chest. I chiropractor has worked wonders for me. And it helps with my chronic migraines. I was pondering a reduction when I went up to a G, but since I didn't keep the baby boobs this time, I'm thinking I'll keep them. Although I wouldn't mind a lift and a tummy tuck....
  • newcreature101
    Options
    Thank you enyo123!! :))

newcreature101
  • Omen_Alexia
    Omen_Alexia Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone :]
    I'm Alexia. I'm five-foot-nothing and 205lbs (doh! >.<). I'm a 38H cup. I've never really had much probably with pain from the weight, except in really unsupportive chairs, but they get in the way ALL THE TIME and especially when I try to work out!

I started 30DS today, which involves a lot of jumping type exercises which I attempted...and then modified to me having to HOLD my boobs while doing them because it hurt so bad D: I really need a good exercise bra. Even my normal bras only last a few months before my breasts stretch all the straps to the point of me no longer having any support.

The smallest I ever remember being is back when I was around 13. I weighed 130lbs and even then I was still a DD cup and at 13 we all know they were NOT done growing.
  • EliBond
    EliBond Posts: 23
    Options
    Hi, I'm Eli

I'm 5,4 and a G. My saviour has been Bravissimo! I clothing brand for Cup size D-J in Backsizes 28+. I don't know how popular they are in the US but here in Blighty they're huge and I can honestly say I've never been as comfortable as I am in a bravissimo bra!

They even make pyjama tops that take the stress off your back while you sleep. I have one and would totally recommend it, especially when our backs are taking a beating from the gyming anyway!!

Take a look - http://www.bravissimo.com/

This is a fab group - Thanks for making it!!

=]
  • rave7278
    rave7278 Posts: 10
    Options
    Hello, I'm star..5' 4''. 294lb with a 46 DD chest have been big chested all of my life and now my 14 yr old daughter seem to have got the curse as well she is also in D cups. since I have started on this, I have lost some of my chest, but at night when I sleep it reminds me that it is still there..lol
  • WonderCort
    WonderCort Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Cortney. I'm 5'4" and 185lbs with a 36 DD bra size. I suffer from on and off again back pain and shoulder pain. I always have problems finding a good fitting bra. Lastly, I wonder how different they are going to look when I meet my weight loss goal. Hopefully by then I will finally figure out where the good bras are and invest in a few, lol.
  • enyo123
    Options
    Hello, I'm Cortney. I'm 5'4" and 185lbs with a 36 DD bra size. I suffer from on and off again back pain and shoulder pain. I always have problems finding a good fitting bra. Lastly, I wonder how different they are going to look when I meet my weight loss goal. Hopefully by then I will finally figure out where the good bras are and invest in a few, lol.

Don't wait to invest in a good bra. Seriously, life is so much better when you're in a pretty bra that fits you properly. I'm not sure where you are, but just google your city's name and any of the brands mentioned here to try to find a boutique.
  • falamoyacrava
    falamoyacrava Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I started 30DS today, which involves a lot of jumping type exercises which I attempted...and then modified to me having to HOLD my boobs while doing them because it hurt so bad D: I really need a good exercise bra. Even my normal bras only last a few months before my breasts stretch all the straps to the point of me no longer having any support.

This is me exactly. And then I started getting this awesome pain across the middle of my back, which seems to be from the boob bounces. Sucks to be us, eh? Jillian Michaels just doesn't get it - everyone CAN'T do jumping jacks!
  • enyo123
    Options

This is me exactly. And then I started getting this awesome pain across the middle of my back, which seems to be from the boob bounces. Sucks to be us, eh? Jillian Michaels just doesn't get it - everyone CAN'T do jumping jacks!

When she made her comment about not modifying jumping jacks, that's when I decided that I hate her. I refuse to do a JM workout because I don't find her motivating... I find her to be rude. I like Chalene Johnson and Debbie Siebers for workouts.
  • JustAmyRenee
    JustAmyRenee Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    HI!! I'm AmyRenee, 2 names one person, 38 JJ and I weigh 239, (WHICH IS SOOO EXCITING cause this is the first time under 240 since I was a teenager) and I am 5'11" (don't let my picture fool you, I just know how to make a picture look good.

I have always shyed away from trying to lose weight because my breasts are the last.. ABSOLUTE last place I lose weight....but I want to have a healthy heart, so here I am.

On a note about sports bras, I always wear my regular supportive bra, and then I layer it with my WONDERFUL IN LOVE WITH Danskin HEAVY IMPACT sports bra, (WALMART $10) when I did my 5k they were all nicely held in place. and I retain the lace from my regular bra sticking out the top.
    My sister did a whole rant on how the NIKE store never cares anything ove ra b cup, but found at the reebok outlet they actual have some cuteish sports bra's i n larger cup sizes.

I swear my breasts weigh like 15 lbs each. UGH
  • SabrinaSt
    SabrinaSt Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm Sabrina. I'm 5'2" , 120 lbs and 32DD. I have been 100 lbs all my life with D cup. I gained quite a lot of weight this year and I intend to lose the excess lbs before the year ends. I often have difficulties finding my bra size. Thank goodness there's Debenhams!
  • hungrybunni
    hungrybunni Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone :]
    I'm Alexia. I'm five-foot-nothing and 205lbs (doh! >.<). I'm a 38H cup. I've never really had much probably with pain from the weight, except in really unsupportive chairs, but they get in the way ALL THE TIME and especially when I try to work out!

The smallest I ever remember being is back when I was around 13. I weighed 130lbs and even then I was still a DD cup and at 13 we all know they were NOT done growing.

Hi Alexia, have you tried the new sports bra from panache? Style number 5021. An awesome bra for us buxom buddies. tracey x
  • hungrybunni
    hungrybunni Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi

i am fi. i am only 4ft 10 and current weight is 148lbs, but chest is 36G, i have lost 34lbs and in the past always went down to a size 34F, but this time i dont seem to be losing any weight of them at all, between them they must weigh a fair few lbs....

annoying how (in uk) all the shop sports bra's are always B and C

Hi Fi, try the fab new bra from panache, 5021. great for us buxom buddies. Tracey (38ff)