hrt or curves smart?

Options
Which is out of whack I wonder???Burned 468 calories doing 30 mins curves smart card according to curves smart computer, but my HRM showed 280 calorie burn. Hmmmm so I wasn't happy. I stayed another half hour and in 65 mins I burned 521 calories ( according to HRM. )

I know that all machine results are estimations, but it is a very big difference.
And would make a big difference to how much I should eat..

Has anyone else tried wearing a heart rate monitor during exercise at curves.

Replies

• Vanilladays
    Vanilladays Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hi Pauline

I have done both the last two days and find the same result as you. Curves is a lot higher than HRM although today my HRM reading was way too low, :noway: I burn the same amount in a short 20 min walk and I know I was working hard.

I have trouble getting my HRM to read properly when I move in certain ways so I am wondering if it loses contact often during my workout. This would explain the low calorie burn. I have tweaked my goal settings and I will start watching how my exercise per Curves and HRM calories burn estimates balance against my weight etc.

:wink: I am not really worried as I am close to goal weight and definitely I am toning and building muscle. This is visible but still the difference is a little irritating. It actually makes me feel like I've been lying to my buddies here on MFP and that bothers me a lot! :grumble:

Jenni:flowerforyou: