Welcome!

Options
JessRen2012
JessRen2012 Posts: 5 Member
Hi everyone!

So happy you all are joining this group! I think it will be a great way to help keep each other on track!

Here are some questions to get the discussion going!

-Has anyone tried Insanity in the past?

-Which day/week are people on? Favorites so far?

-Any tips?

Replies

• IndianCat3
    IndianCat3 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    i have been on insaniy off and on since july 2011...im currently doin the P90X/Insanity Hybrid...and im on week two, day 10 ;-) and i love the combo..i love all of insanity except cardio power and resistance, not sure why, cuz i love globe jumps...i think its the warm up on that one that gets me evil...lol...im a huge fan of PURE CARDIO!!!!!!!!! the best tip i can give is press play regardless of the time of dahy, i sometimes have to press play at 11pm, but thats ok, cuz i had to do doubles or be a day behind...also, the best shoes is KSWISS TUBES!!!!!!!!!!!

Joyce
  • IndianCat3
    Options
    cuz i HATE* to do doubles
  • lolo406
    lolo406 Posts: 71
    Options
    I just started on 5/7, todays the big #3 for me. I can tell this is really going to push me and I'm so excited, its all about being better than I was the day before. However my favorite so far is those 30 second rests in between sets lol, with out them it would all be over!
  • AndreaKZ
    AndreaKZ Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!

I just started the first workout yesterday (5/8) and I am really excited to get into it! I have tried Insanity in the past for a few weeks but ended up getting a bad cold and took some time off from it. Then life pretty much got in the way and I lost my motivation to do it. But I am hoping that now with some support I can keep it up all the way to the end :)
  • IndianCat3
    Options
    Hi guys!

I just started the first workout yesterday (5/8) and I am really excited to get into it! I have tried Insanity in the past for a few weeks but ended up getting a bad cold and took some time off from it. Then life pretty much got in the way and I lost my motivation to do it. But I am hoping that now with some support I can keep it up all the way to the end :)

^^^^ you got this!!
  • Asil76
    Asil76 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

I started Insanity yesterday 5/8 (fit test) and just finished doing Plyo Cardio. I look forward to seeing what tomorrow brings...not gonna lie I am a little scared!!! :laugh: I have done P90 P90MS and P90X (never sticking with any for the 90 day's) I am GOING to do the full 60 day's of Insanity so if any of you see me slacking...please LET ME KNOW IT!!!!

Lisa :drinker:
  • mistressmambo
    mistressmambo Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I've done Insanity, infact just finished on Saturday 5/5. It's a tough program but I did enjoy it. I lost 10lbs with it. I think the 30 sec breaks aren't long enough.. haha! I like the first month better than the second for some reason. The best advice I can give, is just do your best.. you don't have to keep up with Shaun T and the crew, just do what you can. I couldn't complete some of the workouts but I did what I could. I plan on doing another round of Insanity later this year and hoping to see improvements.

Good Luck with your INSANE journey :)
  • phillips529
    phillips529 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Hi! I recently started Insanity...I'm on Month 1 Day 4. I was considering doing a Hybrid with Insanity, but I'm going to wait for a bit. I was intimidated and scared ****less... but now...I think I will be ok... I'm in for the entire journey... you can also find me on teambeachbody.com and my user id is the same....
  • greggags2
    greggags2 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Starting Insanity the Asylum on May 17th. Gonna try and gain some muscle throughout the 30 days... Wish me luck!
  • IndianCat3
    Options
    Hi everyone. I've done Insanity, infact just finished on Saturday 5/5. It's a tough program but I did enjoy it. I lost 10lbs with it. I think the 30 sec breaks aren't long enough.. haha! I like the first month better than the second for some reason. The best advice I can give, is just do your best.. you don't have to keep up with Shaun T and the crew, just do what you can. I couldn't complete some of the workouts but I did what I could. I plan on doing another round of Insanity later this year and hoping to see improvements.

u should go for round 2 starting next week, that way the 30sec breaks becomes a breeze
  • Asil76
    Asil76 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Starting Insanity the Asylum on May 17th. Gonna try and gain some muscle throughout the 30 days... Wish me luck!

Good Luck :drinker:
  • mistressmambo
    mistressmambo Posts: 75 Member
    Options

u should go for round 2 starting next week, that way the 30sec breaks becomes a breeze

LOL that's funny.. I'm going to do a different program for now... which will end early August..
  • kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    Options
    Hello, all!

I have started Insanity in the past but never got past the first month - mainly because my school work would become too demanding and I just didn't have the time/energy to do the workouts. I've always loved the program, though. I had wrist surgery last August and it's finally strong enough to do all the floor work, and I graduated in December so I'm back on the bandwagon! I'm determined to get that t-shirt this time!

I just started on Monday so I'm on Day 4. I've always loved the Cardio Recovery day because of how much it's helped with my flexibility. I swear I'm more flexible when I'm doing Insanity because of all the great stretching in the program.

I'm thinking about supplementing the Insanity workouts with some Yoga classes at my gym. I don't want to overdo it, but I think the Yoga will help me feel more prepared and mentally ready for the next day's workout.
  • IndianCat3
    Options
    Hello, all!

I have started Insanity in the past but never got past the first month - mainly because my school work would become too demanding and I just didn't have the time/energy to do the workouts. I've always loved the program, though. I had wrist surgery last August and it's finally strong enough to do all the floor work, and I graduated in December so I'm back on the bandwagon! I'm determined to get that t-shirt this time!

I just started on Monday so I'm on Day 4. I've always loved the Cardio Recovery day because of how much it's helped with my flexibility. I swear I'm more flexible when I'm doing Insanity because of all the great stretching in the program.

I'm thinking about supplementing the Insanity workouts with some Yoga classes at my gym. I don't want to overdo it, but I think the Yoga will help me feel more prepared and mentally ready for the next day's workout.

i would do month one again (instead of month two) if u feel that ur not ready to move on...i do that at times :-)
  • LeighAnnH75
    LeighAnnH75 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    This is my first time trying Insanity. I'm on week two right now and loving it!! I haven't seen much results on the scale but I can see a difference in my body and strength already. So excited to see myself after two months! I will need some motivation though...waking up sore everyday is not fun lol. I wish you all the best of luck with it! =)
  • phillips529
    phillips529 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    i have been on insaniy off and on since july 2011...im currently doin the P90X/Insanity Hybrid...and im on week two, day 10 ;-) and i love the combo..i love all of insanity except cardio power and resistance, not sure why, cuz i love globe jumps...i think its the warm up on that one that gets me evil...lol...im a huge fan of PURE CARDIO!!!!!!!!! the best tip i can give is press play regardless of the time of dahy, i sometimes have to press play at 11pm, but thats ok, cuz i had to do doubles or be a day behind...also, the best shoes is KSWISS TUBES!!!!!!!!!!!

Joyce

Thanks for the tip....
  • IndianCat3
    Options

Joyce

Thanks for the tip....

no problem
  • IndianCat3
    Options
    This is my first time trying Insanity. I'm on week two right now and loving it!! I haven't seen much results on the scale but I can see a difference in my body and strength already. So excited to see myself after two months! I will need some motivation though...waking up sore everyday is not fun lol. I wish you all the best of luck with it! =)

You should try the Results and Recovery formula...it works wonders and it tastes sooooooooo good
  • kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    Options
    Hello, all!

i would do month one again (instead of month two) if u feel that ur not ready to move on...i do that at times :-)

I've never even considered that. It's a great suggestion, though!!