Say Hello

Options
2»

Replies

• netgallegos
    netgallegos Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Nanette, I live in the great big town of Austin Nevada, i Moved here December of 09 my husband works for the forest service, and we are original from NM but have lived in Oklahoma for 12 year. I was sleeved in December of 2011. i am glad you have this group, i will enjoy visiting with you all my Husband is on here to.
  • ColorMeAmber
    ColorMeAmber Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm Amber. I'm in Sparks, NV. I moved her when I was 2 years old so I was raised here. I'm a graduate student at UNR in the field of Speech Language Pathology. My husband works for a company that sets up wireless internet in the smaller towns of NV that Charter wont touch, such as yerington, hawthorn, and many others.

I signed up to participate in a fitness bootcamp through Anytime Fitness. I'm not real active but I want to be. This bootcamp will help kick start me. I plan on joining a local gym when this is over because I want to keep going.

I'm so glad that there is a Nevada group because it's nice to get motivation from your neighbors!
  • hmbrandon
    hmbrandon Posts: 114
    Options
    Hi, everyone! My name is Marie. I live in Las Vegas with my hubby and our two little boys, who are 4 and 2. I'm 26, a middle school history teacher, and I love reading, writing, cooking, and shopping. I have a movie and clothing addiction. :P I got serious about losing weight 6 months ago, started dieting, joined a gym, and hired a personal trainer. I have since lost almost 40 pounds! I love this site!
  • Kismet_35
    Kismet_35 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Peggy. I have been using MFP for awhile, not on a real regular basis. I have never joined a group until this one and I only have one friend on here because I have no idea how or who to add LOL I haven't really used MFP to it's full potential but I want to start. I live in Northern Nevada and work at a mine. I am 47, married and have a grown daughter, 2 adorable grand kids, 3 step kids and another grand baby on the way. I started running 5 weeks ago and I love it. I am running a 5k this weekend in SLC, even though I am not sure i am ready for it. I also recently took up belly dancing and I really enjoy that. I love to shop sew, make jewelry, watch movies, work out, and eat...too much, hence the overweight thing. I love clothes and shoes and feel a woman can never have too much of either, though my husband would disagree. I am glad to finally be "joing" MFP instead of living on the outskirts and not really participating.
  • Kismet_35
    Kismet_35 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm from Elko :)
  • mac051
    mac051 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi, I'm in Gardnerville but I've been in Nevada for about 8 years now. I have three boys under the age of 12, and they're hard to keep up with! I would love to meet some other people from the area.
  • Jana57
    Jana57 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi group,, I am orginially from Kansas City Kansas, we moved to Henderson, Nevada in 1993 so we have been here awhill. I have raised 4 children and have 2 of the most perfect grandhildren in the world. I have decided I need to get it together and get healthy so I can see my grandchildren grown up and be here for my children. I have a ways to go but will be celebrating every 10 pounds I shed! Please add me as a friend, I need much encouragement and inspiration as I an get! Thanks, Jana
  • Lordairfall
    Options
    Hey all, I live in Elko, with my wife and daughter.I came to the area back in 2005 after spending two years in Japan, but spent most of my childhood in Fallon, NV, so it wasn't too much of a shocker living in the area. I've been working as a IT guy for one of the mining companies in the area since I came back in 05. I've used MFP off and on for a couple of years now, but not been very consistant about it. Most of my motivation comes from my wife and daughter as we are all overweight. While I presently don't have diabetes, both my father and all my grandparents have had it, so I know i have a pretty good chance of getting it unless I get my health under control.
  • nicole6877
    Options
    I have been in Gardnerville for 12 years, where I was granted the 24 hr life style. It has since caught up to me, late night Burger King, Jack in the Box, all teh beer I can drink and Taco Bell. I have done great with P90X, but that was over a year ago and while I was getting divorced. I since have found happiness and ironically have lost motivation to work out. To me this makes no sence, but I need to fix it. I need to find the drive again, without anger and hate, but while being emotionally happy. How does this happen??? looking forward to learning tips and tricks with fellow Nevadans!
  • jobrandes
    jobrandes Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

I live in lovely Sparks. I have lived here for 6 yrs, came from CA where many of the transplants came from. I work over at Bally Technologies. It seems like many people in NV work in gaming, not much of a shocker.

As far as my story, I used to be pretty overweight, weighed in at 220lbs at 5'4" but went through my transformation, now weigh about 125lbs about. It just took a lot of support, motivation and eating clean and exercise. Nothing fancy.

I now am a huge fan of Beachbody products like P90X, Insanity, TurboFire and the like. They are awesome. I haven't gone to the gym in a long time because that is all I do now. As a matter of fact I love them so much I am a coach for Beachbody. If you have any questions or need any help let me know. I have a really big Facebook group, over 250 folks, all people there working out, eating right, and ready to reach goals and maintain.

Great to meet you all!

Jo
  • lushawnl
    lushawnl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm Shawn. I was born and raised in Las Vegas. Happy to find some support here in Nevada
  • bigboytriathlon
    bigboytriathlon Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hello all!
    Henderson NV represented here. Lived in NV for 4 years now, previously from Salt Lake City, UT; love EVERYTHING about this place except, and here I go, the hair dryer effect in the summer. If you've never stood in the wind in 110 degrees, you have no idea what I mean.

Excited and happy to be on this team. Let's share some motivation.
  • juliekat1955
    Options
    Hello, I'm from Elko. Hiking in Lamoille Canyon is fantastic exercise. You can hike for many miles on different trails up there. It's also a great place for viewing wild life. I used to hike up there frequently, I have an autoimmune disease that caused lung disease so now I'm limited to my treadmill at home with lots of oxygen. After transplant I will be back out there though. There is a Golds Gym here and a couple of other places to exercise indoors and meet other people. Good luck!

Julie
  • Blondgoddess
    Options
    Hello! My name is Amanda. I grew up here in the Reno, NV area. I have lived in Spanish Springs, Pyramid Lake, South Reno, Mayberry, etc. I'm 21 years old. I currently go to Western Nevada College.
  • jobrandes
    jobrandes Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hey Amanda,

I live in the Spanish Springs area now. Are you there anymore? I have not seen much action from this group in a long time. Kinda cool to see someone posting. So what are your goals here?

Jo
  • CyberTurbanX
    CyberTurbanX Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hello from Reno, I moved here when I was about 6-7 years old. I like to rock climb ( just beginning) and boulder. I went to UNR and I'm currently working here in Reno as well