How to ask for it?

Options

Replies

• Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    All very good suggestions and some pretty deep. I think you would be able to see signs of previous sexual issues he's had. So if you are just getting the shy guy feel here is a suggestion...
    I'm reading this book called, "Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man" by Steve Harvey. It's amazing and I urge all women to pick it up. Men really are quite simple creatures. The three things they want from a woman are Support, Loyalty and THE COOKIE... so offer him your cookie. I say do some hot and heavy flirting to test the waters. You can encourage with your words to see if he is comfortable with moving forward. Even if you have to actually make the move, you should be able to figure out if he's ready or not by some flirtacious use of verbiage!
    GET IT GIRL, give him that cookie :wink:

Do you have a way wih words do you miss?
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    CAREFUL!!!! Some men who appear to be shy COULD be survivors of sexual assault. It ismore common than we could ever imagine. He may also have other physical issues. I would NOT jump on him. Be his friend first, gain trust, and although this is what we women are discouraged from doing these days, please talk to him about where he would like your relationship to go.

oh. my. word.

First I'd ever heard of that. lol.
  • jbella99
    jbella99 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Just jump him! he's a guy and that's a strong enough message.......just climb onhis lap and make out with him and grind the hips a little. Easy peasy :)

This always works for me.
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    When I was much younger, a chick jumped me like everyone is suggesting. I had two thoughts going through my mind as she did.

First, HELL YEAH!
    Second, This chick is undoing my zipper with her teeth. How the hell did I miss all the signs? WTF is wrong with me?

In the end, HELL YEAH! won out in convincing fashion.
  • Jeneba
    Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Hi MAC - I've had a lot of chaplaincy training AND worked with abused women & men... You would be surprised! It's so sad when it happens to ANYONE, but men especially have a terrible time with this.... They have so much going against them culturally. I would also like to say that as someone who has had friends in the music business, where easy encounters happen all the time, you really have to be very honest with yourself about your intentions. If you really and truly want a Relationship, OP, then be careful to know your friend's opinions & attitudes before you make your move. If you are really NOT OK with FWB but are viewing it as a segue into Something Else, then take your time to find out if you would rather be Loved than Respected OR if you would rather be Respected than Loved... and then see if you can figure out how your friend feels about this before going forward.
  • MyTime1985
    MyTime1985 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Just jump him! he's a guy and that's a strong enough message.......just climb onhis lap and make out with him and grind the hips a little. Easy peasy :)

Great advice!
  • Myslissa
    Myslissa Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I think your best option would be to look at all the answers from the men.

and of course the women that are agreeing with the men
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Go into the bathroom
    Walk out naked

The end.

.... Too subtle?

^^^ this works well
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Ask him if he'd like to go out on a 2nd date, pick something a little more intimate and go for a kiss at the end of the night ooooor if you're really frisky invite him over afterwards. You'll pick up real quick where he stands. Don't just jump his bones, the guy may be a virgin and it's only going to last 30 seconds anyways, which is something else to be prepared for.
  • MirelaH
    MirelaH Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the suggestions! lol So many good ones!

Because he lives over an hour away I decided I would just text him and make my intentions known. I haven't heard back from him and I doubt I will ever hear from him again! :grumble:

Oh well, I'll just have to find someone else! I never thought it would be this hard to get laid! :noway:
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Oh well, I'll just have to find someone else! I never thought it would be this hard to get laid! :noway:

It isn't hard to get laid. It can be hard to get laid by the one you want to get laid by/with.
  • MirelaH
    Options

It isn't hard to get laid. It can be hard to get laid by the one you want to get laid by/with.

So true!
  • jbella99
    jbella99 Posts: 596 Member
    Options

Because he lives over an hour away I decided I would just text him and make my intentions known. I haven't heard back from him and I doubt I will ever hear from him again! :grumble:

Move to Manitoba.... Harder to find a guy that doesn't want just a fwb.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options

Wow!! Seriously?? Perhaps he just needs some time to think about it ?? :bigsmile: Orrrr

Like @atjays said, eh could be a virgin! Or as @Jeneba said, he might have issues!!

Orrrrrrrrrrr, he might want to be more than a FWB :love:
  • 2stepz
    2stepz Posts: 814 Member
    Options

+1000
  • MirelaH
    Options

Wow!! Seriously?? Perhaps he just needs some time to think about it ?? :bigsmile: Orrrr

Like @atjays said, eh could be a virgin! Or as @Jeneba said, he might have issues!!

Orrrrrrrrrrr, he might want to be more than a FWB :love:

30 year old virgin??? Yikes! If it's true I am so glad I dodged that bullet! Last guy I hooked up with didn't know the doggy style position! WTF?? No thanks! :huh:
  • 2stepz
    2stepz Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    In my experience, don't discount the 30 year old virgins. Years of self-education needing an outlet can lead to some VERY interesting and enjoyable times. ... Damn he was talented...

... moving on before I get too wound up to work...
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Change male for female/vice versa. As below lol

The Naked Man is a technique to sleep over, even after the most horrible date. You have these times, that nothing is really working out. There is nothing you can do, the date just didn't go as hoped/expected. Maybe she/he wasn't interested in you, maybe you weren't interested in your date or maybe you just suck at dating. All possible options and these things just happen. But what can you do? Well, the Naked Man.

What you do with the Naked Man is a last resort. If the date went obviously wrong and you know for 100% sure you are not going to get laid tonight you can pull this card. Arrived at her door, she is obviously not going to ask you in, but you can actually ask if you can come in for going to the bathroom or something. Ask her if you can have one glass of water, because you are having a bladder problem or something. You need to get inside, that is the most important part.

When you are inside, wait until she goes to another room. Undress as fast as you can. And make sure to be naked when she gets back in the room with you.

Now, you will have 66,66% chance that she will think 'whatever' and go for it. The other third of a chance? Is that you get hit and you will need to walk back home, naked.

She will laugh. But by being surprised, impressed by your confidence, you will definitely have a shot.

Shall I call you Barney?? lol
  • DrewMaxwell
    DrewMaxwell Posts: 269 Member
    Options

^^^^That'll do it!
  • craigers13
    craigers13 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    as good as their answers sound, if he's really shy, you might freak him out. you may want to try a subtle touch and see how he reacts... and no, i don't mean touching his junk... but a hand on his arm while you look into his eyes meaningfully while smiling would probably do the trick...

I am pretty shy myself but I know how to take not-so-subtle hints. The subtle hints are a different story......

so if i put my hand on your wrist and looked up into your face with a little smile, you wouldn't know what to do next?

Well obviously this is the time where a kiss would be appropriate. I wouldn't view this as a signal to jump in the sack though...which I think is where the OP was going with this