EASA 2.0 Is The Bomb!!

Options
I don't know if we fully understand the work put into EA's Sports Active Genre, especially 2.0. Exercise Physiologist, Certified Fitness Trainers, Sports Medicine Doctors, etc. As the owner of several exercise DVD's, and Video Games (I'm also an Accountant for a WMWHA). I have been on several programs. Bad knees keep me from a lot of high impact stuff and I modify on EASA and then ice my knees after.

Recently I took a break from EASA in part to not have muscle memory working. I put together a Zumba, Exerbeat, Workout W/Mel B, etc schedule; however, the way EA's Challenge was created by set of exercises, the design of their placement within each workout always, always keeps my Blood Glucose Levels as a fabulous baseline when I'm on the challenge. My control is better, resting heart rate drops (and let me tell you that Mel B Video Game ain't no joke), my energy level is higher even though the workouts, especially in Phase II and II, leave me gasping for air.

When EASA2.0 first was introduced, I pre-ordered the game for myself and then subsequently ordered them as gifts,. I must have given away at least 10 as gifts, not all at the original US dollars of $99 plus tax. Yet despite my physical improvement, health and otherwise, those 10 are sitting in a closet somewhere or were sold in a yard sale.

I'm glad I had the foresight to purchase extra games for the sensors and back-up disk.

Replies

• lilibis
    lilibis Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I agree with you, I am on day 4 of the cardio kick start and so happy!
  • Kikmaidog
    Kikmaidog Posts: 2
    Options
    Completely agree with you NTP, I've told my story a few times in the EASA2 forums as well, but after 12 years of no exercise (pretty much since I left Australia) I picked up EASA2, and I wasn't sure I would even ever use it. I bought it in Oct 2010, but it sat on my shelf till Dec 2010, when I decided to start it as a New Years resolution on Jan 1 2011. I didn't think I would really stick with it, and the initial workouts almost killed me. Also getting through from Cardio Kick Start, to 9W on Medium (switched to Easy cause I couldn't handle it), then through to Hard, and completing it on time twice now with a total of 5 runs on hard... I'm amazed I've kept it up for this long. But I really do notice that it seems to be just a perfect setup of exercises that push me to my limits, and just slightly beyond, but never to breaking. After a completion of the 9W on Hard I feel great, and then I get a bit of a 'holiday' by going back to Phase 1 again, so it doesn't break my will either.

I'm so disappointed they turned the servers off, but at least the enthusiasm of everyone using it is still carrying on, and thank god I still have the motivation to keep going too! :) Great to see all you guys here on MFP. I didn't even know about it till after we got Fitocracy going, but the more social motivation the better as far as I'm concerned!
  • anijhenry
    anijhenry Posts: 1
    Options
    I just started EASA2 today. I'm doing the 3-week Cardio Kickstart.