Request to Debators

Options
Grimmerick
Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
People be hatin. I have gotten two reports in the last day for the most minor crap. One was for the God Damn America post, mainly the title, because it comes up on the main newsfeed and it was offensive to someone, and the other was the amendment 1 post, basically saying the entire post was vulgar and offensive. All I am going to ask is that we don't put cuss words in our titles just because it comes up on the main newsfeed and I can't edit the titles I can only delete the entire thread which I am just not going to do with only ONE person complaining about it. I think I read the rules right and I didn't find anything barring actual curse words, if I am wrong or missed it please let me know. So just a small request but please keep the cursing within the group and not the titles. Thanks! ....................................Gosh Darn America would have looked silly though ;)

Replies

• DoingItNow2012
    DoingItNow2012 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Got it! Plus bumping to make sure others see. :-)
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    How about "America is a poopy pants!"
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    How about anyone who decides to join a group based on arguing not get their damn panties twisted so tight? "Waah I don't like the title mommy daddy do something!"

They wonder why they never lose any weight. Reporting burns 0 calories!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    How about anyone who decides to join a group based on arguing not get their damn panties twisted so tight? "Waah I don't like the title mommy daddy do something!"

They wonder why they never lose any weight. Reporting burns 0 calories!

THANK YOU!.... Aren't we all grown up there?
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Can a moderator, such as yourself, (hypothetically speaking ONLY of course) remove a member from a group? You know, if it became necessary for the group's peaceful enjoyment of their groupiness?

:laugh: :wink:
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    How about anyone who decides to join a group based on arguing not get their damn panties twisted so tight? "Waah I don't like the title mommy daddy do
    I read the OP as someone outside our group reported it because they saw it in the main forum. Am I right, Em? I promise to behave in my debates!
  • Grimmerick
    Options
    How about anyone who decides to join a group based on arguing not get their damn panties twisted so tight? "Waah I don't like the title mommy daddy do
    I read the OP as someone outside our group reported it because they saw it in the main forum. Am I right, Em? I promise to behave in my debates!

You are correct, They didn't realize it was a group topic, but they also complained about it being on their news feed. However they tried to say the whole post was offensive not just the title (which is ridiculous), and they also said the title was for shock value. I basically told them if they actually read the post they should have realized the title was out of exasperation for the current state of the US and not for shock value. I also asked how they make it through the day being so easily offended, and if they would report a cuss word they find offensive on the internet if they actually did that to people in person too. I told them we are very loosely moderated and to read the rules before reporting. I told them they had the right to their opinion just like he had to his. I can't edit titles and said that I am not going to delete an entire thread just because one person a week after the thread has been up found offense with one word, that didn't break any forum rules. I suggested they would probably prefer moving along as our group doesn't seem to be a good fit for them. I am usually much nicer and more patient but this person kept on...........it was like a debate over PMing lol.
  • Grimmerick
    Options
    Can a moderator, such as yourself, (hypothetically speaking ONLY of course) remove a member from a group? You know, if it became necessary for the group's peaceful enjoyment of their groupiness?

:laugh: :wink:

Yes I can, MUAHAHAHAHA MUAHAHAHAHA, MUAHAHAHA (little pinky comes up to the corner of my mouth) Oh the power lol...........actually I mean Oh the bull**** (it's ok for me to curse it's not in the title)