Hi newbie here - looking for virtual running buddies

Options
Hi, I'm new to the group! I have set myself the challenge of a 1/2 marathon - its in Aug, so I'm very much at the beginning of the journey. Obviously I have a long way to go so looking forward to hearing and sharing running stories!!
Happy running :)

Replies

• MamaLocks
    MamaLocks Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I have recently started running (again - after a multi year hiatus) and am considering doing a 1/2 marathon myself! Mine will be in September, so I'd love to be your "virtual running buddy!" Are you using RunKeeper, MyAsics, or MapMyRun by any chance?

Talk to you soon!
  • Stella1983
    Stella1983 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi - no I'm not but maybe I should check it out.
  • _canuckrunner_
    _canuckrunner_ Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Hi also training for my first half marathon (mine is in October), feel free to add me
  • nermal6873
    nermal6873 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be training for my first half in November, so feel free to add me as well :)
  • MamaLocks
    MamaLocks Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The www.myasics.us has a free customizable training plan for any distance so I really suggest that for anyone! If you have an iPhone they have a free app for it as well. :)
  • rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    I've completed a half & a full marathon and will be running another half in October. Feel free to add me :)
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I'm training for my first half - September 23rd. Definitely feel free to add me!
  • Emilit_uk
    Emilit_uk Posts: 87
    Options
    Hi! I'm marathon training at the moment, and working on my half marathon and 10k times. I'd like a couple more friends who run too, please feel free to add me! :smile:
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Hey, my first half is in August too! Feel free to add me.
  • geeksrule
    geeksrule Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Just finished my first 1/2 in April and have another booked for October. Hoping to run a full by Xmas!!! Feel free to add me - virtual running friends are motivating!!!
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me! i started running in jan last year. i've done c25k, b210k, have done about 5 halves and 1 full. i've got a few halves coming up in the next few months before my next full in oct. i could use some extra motivation too. i'm a really slow runner, but i keep saying i was built for comfort not for speed :wink: i don't actually enjoy running, but i do love what it has done for me (lost 30kgs, increased self esteem, less lazy- generally life has got so much better since i started running). i'm still pretty overweight, but i'm a fitter fatty now!

joni
  • AuntNynah
    AuntNynah Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to do my first half in September this year, add me please!
  • docsharon
    docsharon Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi. Also new to the group and new to running. Did my first 1/2 marathon in April in NY's Central Park and was proud to finish!
    Started training for my next one in October doing the Galloway Run/Walk/Run method. I'd like to become friends with:happy: women who run too, please feel free to add me!
  • kath711
    kath711 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Training for a marathon in October. Looks like you will have lots of support! :)
  • Meegz84
    Meegz84 Posts: 74
    Options
    Just did my longest run of 14km.. was contemplating a half beofre that.. Looking at possibly the October one here in Perth..
  • natvanessa
    natvanessa Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'll add you too.
    My first half-marathon is on July 29! Just started training a few weeks ago but I know I can do it!
  • FoxyMcDeadlift
    FoxyMcDeadlift Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Welcome new runners! Have you picked plans yet? Hal Higdons plans are the go to, i just did advanced 2 for my first marathon - tough, but gets results!
  • blgerig
    blgerig Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Welcome new runners! Have you picked plans yet? Hal Higdons plans are the go to, i just did advanced 2 for my first marathon - tough, but gets results!

Agree, the Hal Higdon plans are fantastic! I have done three half marathons and those plans helped immensely!