Calories for recovery days?

Options
aVexedMind
aVexedMind Posts: 4 Member
Hey! I'm 5'2" 118lbs, so I aim to eat 1600 cal/day (calculators factored with 5-6 days of hard exercise says I should eat 1700-ish). But I'm not sure how many I should eat on recovery days. Anybody have an idea?

Also, I'd actually really appreciate thoughts on the 1600/day. I about gave myself a migraine trying to figure it all out. I should just be putting 1600 in my body, flat, not 1600 + what I burn in workouts....right?

Thanks!!

Replies

• mariacolumbus
    mariacolumbus Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    If you got the 1600 calories from MFP as your BMR, then you would add on your exercise calories. The easiest way I have found to do it is go by what MFP says my bmr is and then add my exercise calories...they figure it all for you - activity level, calorie deficit, etc .
    hope this helps
  • degan2011
    degan2011 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 5'2" 118lbs, so I aim to eat 1600 cal/day (calculators factored with 5-6 days of hard exercise says I should eat 1700-ish). But I'm not sure how many I should eat on recovery days.

If MFP says you need 1700 WITH your current workout factored in, I would go by that. MFP has already factored in your rest day as well and averaged your necessary calorie intake to include the lower need on recovery day. :)

I typically have mfp set to sedintary so any workout or activity I can log and then eat back those calories, rather than having MFP guess at what I burn. :)