How the tides have turned..

Options
2»

Replies

• The_Iron
    The_Iron Posts: 288
    Options
    Yeah I have and I got sweet sweet revenge haha.

Ditto.

This happened A LOT with chicks from high school that hardly gave me the time of day back then. But even more recently, yeah. But ya know what... tough *kitten* & take a hike. :flowerforyou:
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Sure have...and damn...what a lost its been for them.
    My ex-girlfriend is in that position now as are 2 ladies that continue to try to reconnect with me.
  • 2stepz
    2stepz Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Several of the guys I was somehow involved with in the past have pushed me away then put me up on a pedestal, telling me they didn't deserve me. Sadly, I have had to agree with them most of the time.

Never wanted someone back that I dumped though.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    YES! and i usually dont hear back from them until i am 100% completely over it and have absolutely no interest in revisiting the past
  • nikkolec
    nikkolec Posts: 204
    Options
    YES! and i usually dont hear back from them until i am 100% completely over it and have absolutely no interest in revisiting the past

Exactly.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I forgot another one. My first wife left me for a guy. Three years later she wanted to get back together. My answer: No chance
  • The_Iron
    The_Iron Posts: 288
    Options
    I forgot another one. My first wife left me for a guy. Three years later she wanted to get back together. My answer: No chance

Hahaha ooooh man wow. Damn right, NO CHANCE!
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Yes, but usually by time they realize it, I've already moved on.

The most poignant one for me was my best college guy friend. We did everything together senior year. But I knew I wasn't his type (thin and blonde) so I moved on and dated others even though we still hung out a lot as friends. Months after I got married, he calls me realizing he missed having me by his side. My marriage was already a mess (sigh) and I was really tempted to renew our friendship. But I told him I couldn't talk to him anymore because I was married.

I remember being mad at him for not having expressed interest while I was still single... I might never have married a guy who turned on me during our wedding reception. He's degraded significantly (drunk) so it wouldn't have worked out any better.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    My ex and I were together about 2 years...about a year after we broke up he contacts me saying how he missed me and was wrong about things....I had grown from our relationship so I didn't take him back...he tried it again about 6 months ago and again I didn't want him back...I think he realizes he lost a great person.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Nope. Usually when I get rejected. I stay rejected... :/

That was a long time ago though.
  • hcoburn37
    hcoburn37 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    after my ex husband and I split up I lost 45 pounds and he suddenly couldn't live with out me. He cheated for three years I found out and I'm not taking him back, but he tries real hard
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    No, but I'm definitely hoping it will happen

Same. Quite a bit more complicated than just a crush, but yeah, I'm hoping he realized he f**ked up.
  • jk262
    jk262 Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    this is the story of my life too! Usually though it comes about when exclusivity comes around. Like, here we are, have been dating, then all of a sudden it shows up they're in a relationship with someone else. I'm in that situation again right now, and it hurts a lot especially after their actions/words make you think otherwise. Sometimes I have taken the person back and its worked out wonderfully. This time around, absolutely not. I think it really depends on the situation. As mentioned before, a lot of times you'll realize you've outgrown the person :)
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Have you ever been in a situation where someone you were really into rejected you but many months later had an epiphany and realized they made a mistake?

yep. it was years instead of months later though.
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    yes...numerous times, and I am "soft" and usually give them another chance.......don't think I will again. Ex husband...we broke up twice before getting engaged and he came crawling back both times, and I took him back....should have realized then..........ugh!
  • pammbroo
    pammbroo Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Story of my life! :)

^^This...^^
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Never happened to me. I think I *really* screw up when I screw up!