Diet Slip-Ups

Options
CGianunzio
CGianunzio Posts: 13 Member
Hey everyone,

I wanted to post a little something to help keep up that positive attitude when we tend to overindulge for a day. The article that is listed in the link below was written by Robin Boddy. I found her short article to be very helpful and encouraging. I believe the tips that she provided are a great guide that we can all use when we "slip-up". I encourage all of you to check this out and incorporate her ideas into your plan in case you have a ***** in the armor.

Please feel free to share any articles or tips you may have regarding this subject.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Heres-How-to-Fix-Any-Diet-Slip-Up&id=363649

Chris Gianunzio

Replies

• JillSandm
    JillSandm Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    She has good tips - many I already employ. I try to plan for my "slip-ups." I know I'm going out for lunch on Mother's Day, so I'm making sure to have 100 or so fewer calories each day leading up to Sunday. Weight is determined by one day, but by patterns and consistency. Over the course of a this week, I will have eaten the same number of total calories (with a "slip-up") as any other week (without a slip-up).

Also, I think it helps to come up with your own personal definition of "slip up." For me, it's primarily going over my calorie goal or ingesting too much sodium. I have a personal philosophy that if I'm craving something, eat it , if it fits in my calorie goal. So, my snickers bar isn't a "slip-up" if it fits into my calories for the day; but I try to only have one every week or two. (And thanks to an excellent marketing campaign, I am programmed to believe that "Snickers really satisfies.")

Good article, interesting to think about!
  • CGianunzio
    CGianunzio Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks for providing some great tips on how you define a diet slip-up. It's always good to hear stories from other people so that we can all take the information and incorporate into our plans.

Chris Gianunzio
  • JillSandm
    JillSandm Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Forgot the word "NOT" on first post. Weight does NOT depend on one day, but on patterns and consistency!
  • ColtyHan
    ColtyHan Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I agree, I aim to keep my weekly calorie total at my goal. I may have slight fluctions day to day, but overall should see a weekly loss if I am at (or slightly under) my weekly goal.