Weekend goals

Options
K_Pow
K_Pow Posts: 64 Member
Alright hot mamas with Mother's Day this weekend its gonna be all about us right???

Let's set out some goals and get them done!

Friday: 6k run (done) & stay within my cal range
Saturday: Teach RPM (cycling) class, gardening and get some much needed house work done--burning mega calories and staying within my range.
Sunday: Heading across the border to do some shopping and gonna be some eating too--Hello Texas Roadhouse. I don't imagine Sunday will be a on calorie day but I'm planning to treat myself without going hog wild with the hopes that in the end my good days will even out my 1 bad day :)

What are your goals/plans for the weekend?????

Replies

• KayNicoleKC
    KayNicoleKC Posts: 32
    Options
    Well, ladies, I have some good news! I am now officially just 1 pound away from my pre-baby weight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My daughter turned one May 2 so it's REALLY time for this weight to come off! I remember reading, while I was pregnant, that the average woman took over 1 year to lose her baby weight. I also remember thinking "How is that possible, that won't be me!"

Within 2 weeks of having my daughter, I was just 5 pounds away from my pre-baby weight. I remember thinking, "I've got this!" I was breastfeeding, so that helped a TON with weight management and I could still eat a lot, which was great, because I was SOOOO hungry all the time! I was also more conscious of what I was putting into my body because I was nourishing my daughter.

When my daughter turned 3 months, I had to stop breastfeeding her because I returned to graduate school where there is no predictable schedule. I also started working a second job at night. I was still SUPER hungry all the time but didn't burn the extra calories breastfeeding. I indulged in things I hadn't had since before my pregnancy: alcohol and some junk food. About this time, I also started to get really frustrated that my pre-baby clothes did not fit, even though I was so close to my pre-baby weight. I remember deciding that, even if I lost weight, it would never fit me again because my body was so different (and by different I really meant gross) now. So, I ate even more, did not exercise at all, and gained about 15 pounds.

Now, I'm happy to report that some of my pre-baby clothes is fitting, I'm becoming more comfortable with my body (and I'm even amazed at how much smaller my stomach has gotten!) AND I'm taking control.

So (sorry for the long story accompanying this!), my weekend goal is to get to my pre-baby weight of 167. It's not my ultimate goal (135 would be nice!) but it's a step in the right direction, and how amazing would it be to do it over Mother's Day weekend? It is also my graduation from graduate school and the start of a new chapter in life that does not involve working two jobs (YAY!)

I'll be excited to report back Monday!!!
  • tabatha_burris
    Options
    Well, ladies, I have some good news! I am now officially just 1 pound away from my pre-baby weight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My daughter turned one May 2 so it's REALLY time for this weight to come off! I remember reading, while I was pregnant, that the average woman took over 1 year to lose her baby weight. I also remember thinking "How is that possible, that won't be me!"

Within 2 weeks of having my daughter, I was just 5 pounds away from my pre-baby weight. I remember thinking, "I've got this!" I was breastfeeding, so that helped a TON with weight management and I could still eat a lot, which was great, because I was SOOOO hungry all the time! I was also more conscious of what I was putting into my body because I was nourishing my daughter.

When my daughter turned 3 months, I had to stop breastfeeding her because I returned to graduate school where there is no predictable schedule. I also started working a second job at night. I was still SUPER hungry all the time but didn't burn the extra calories breastfeeding. I indulged in things I hadn't had since before my pregnancy: alcohol and some junk food. About this time, I also started to get really frustrated that my pre-baby clothes did not fit, even though I was so close to my pre-baby weight. I remember deciding that, even if I lost weight, it would never fit me again because my body was so different (and by different I really meant gross) now. So, I ate even more, did not exercise at all, and gained about 15 pounds.

Now, I'm happy to report that some of my pre-baby clothes is fitting, I'm becoming more comfortable with my body (and I'm even amazed at how much smaller my stomach has gotten!) AND I'm taking control.

So (sorry for the long story accompanying this!), my weekend goal is to get to my pre-baby weight of 167. It's not my ultimate goal (135 would be nice!) but it's a step in the right direction, and how amazing would it be to do it over Mother's Day weekend? It is also my graduation from graduate school and the start of a new chapter in life that does not involve working two jobs (YAY!)

I'll be excited to report back Monday!!!

Not sure if I did this right I Just wanted to say I am excited for you and cant wait to hear how you did!!!!!