Too Late to Stop Now

Options
Several weeks ago when I started exercising I doubted that I would ever be able to build up to the recommended 30 minutes a day. It seemed impossible.

I am happy to say that I finally got to the 30 minute level last week. Now I've been doing 30 minutes for 8 days. I am hating every freaking minute of it, but I am already seeing some benefits. I've managed to lose my first ten pounds and I'm feeling better overall.

I just have to keep at it. I'm a notorious backslider. I know if I'm not careful I'll come up with some lame excuse not to exercise and then all this progress will be for naught. I can't afford to let that happen. If I do I don't know that I'll ever have the will to try again. I need to make this work, right here, right now.

At the same time, I hate so very, very, much being forced to do something. There's so little consolation in the fact that it's making me "healthier."

Exercise! Hunh! What is it good for? Absolutely nothing! Edwin Starr said that.

Replies

• elevatorguy925
    Options
    Great news on the loss! I do not like to excercise but have been told once you get into a routine it is easier to continue.
    I have not made that commitment yet, tired after work and do not want to exercise. I feel now that I have lost a few pound I may be able to get going, my knees almost feel up to the challenge.
    Stick with the movement, it sounds like it is working.
  • mikey3925
    mikey3925 Posts: 35
    Options
    Great news on the loss! I do not like to excercise but have been told once you get into a routine it is easier to continue.
    I have not made that commitment yet, tired after work and do not want to exercise. I feel now that I have lost a few pound I may be able to get going, my knees almost feel up to the challenge.
    Stick with the movement, it sounds like it is working.

Thanks for the encouragement, elevatorguy!

If you've already lost 25 lbs without exercising, you are obviously doing quite well already! I can't wait until I've lost 25 lbs. Man, that would be sweet!

Keep up the good work, e-guy!