I pulled a muscle

Options
greencup13
greencup13 Posts: 20 Member
Hello. I completed day five pure cardio and I pulled a muscle. I think I did it doing butt kicks. I pulled my whole calf and my shin hurts sooo bad that I could barely walk up my basement steps. I put icy hot on it immediately and Im going to take it easy today. My question is what should I do? I dont want to hurt my self worse by doing insanity tomorrow but I also dont want to stop doing insanity? Suggestions?

Replies

• DestroyTheOpposition
    DestroyTheOpposition Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I am in the last week and strained my back. freakin sucks! I am taking it easy till its back to normal. Maybe do some low impact stuff so you are still burning something. I did about 25 minutes of calisthenics today. Good luck
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Sorry, you have no choice but stop insanity or you will make it more worse.
    I notice that if I ride my station bike ,it actually helps with the pain and speed the healing process
    so light stretch probably would be good for you.
  • Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Same here but it's not technically a pulled muscle in my case but my IT band on the left hip is really hurting today!
  • ems1583
    ems1583 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that but you gotta rest from Insanity first. I think doing low impact is also gonna be hard for you at this time. Do you take protein shakes? coz they help with muscle recovery and decrease soreness. I try to drink 3x/week. My knees are really hurting bad today, aside from it being painful already from the past few weeks. I'm just lucky today is my rest day.