Confused

Options
lenatuck
lenatuck Posts: 45 Member
Hi everyone,

I posted a similar question on the main forum on this site but got no response.
After starting stronglifts and doing my 3rd workout I wasn't feeling much soreness in my legs, but before starting stronglifts i'd been doing 15kg on the leg press and felt I had a fair bit of muscle in my legs from that, and other exercises, but I feel like I'm losing muscle in my legs from stronglifts,
I'm confused whether to keep going, or just continue doing the leg press and machine weights at the gym instead.

someone please help!

Replies

• ishtar13
    ishtar13 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I doubt you're losing muscle.

The thing about stronglifts is that you are supposed to be adding weight every time. That's called progressive loading.

You start out light and the weight increases fairly fast. So, maybe you aren't lifting enough weight to challenge you at only 3 sessions. If you started out at 45lbs (about 20kg) then you should be around (27 kg) 60lbs now. Maybe that still isn't enough weight to challenge you. But if you keep increasing, it will get tougher.

A leg press is not exactly like a squat. Squats work more muscles than the leg press does. I'm surprised that you're not feeling challenged.

I'd say keep going.

3 workouts isn't enough to tell anything. Give it 6-12 weeks.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Keep increasing your weight. Make sure you are going down far enough on the squats. I promise it'll be challenging soon. Free weights are much better than the machines.