destined to be a cat lady

Options
toriaenator
toriaenator Posts: 423 Member
I know this is stupid but lately I've been feeling super down about guys and dating and love in general...I haven't had a guy in my life in forever, even just to flirt with... the guys I'm attracted to always turn out gay, and the ones attracted to me end up being stalkers or molesters (and I'm not exaggerating this. there hasn't been a single guy in my life that did not fit into the above categories of gay,molester, or stalker [as in follow me home stalker])

i know there are plenty of fish in the sea or whatever, but clearly they aren't digging me as bait haha. or maybe I'm blind to them now because my past experiences have made me weary.

another problem is that now I'm just pessimistic. i feel like true love never can happen because there will always be someone who loves the other more. i feel like its impossible for those couples who have been together for so long to truly feel in love like they first did.. even weddings make me sad because I'm secretly thinking "wow, chances are you will join the 50% of couples who divorce"

this post makes me sound super dramatic and annoying LOL and i really wouldn't mind living with 67 cats but felt like rambling :)

Replies

• shell3986
    shell3986 Posts: 98
    Options
    I'm destined to be a cat lady too!
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    From what I can see of you in your picture you are very attractive so that is not an issue.
    I have no doubt from what you write that you are putting out a very negative vibe so maybe try to work on that.
    That of course is very easy for someone to say but it can be done and along with it do some honest soul searching about what you want in a guy.
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Why stop at 67?

Several years ago I figured I'd end up being a creepy old guy which is always grumpy. But at least that can be fun in it's own right.

(But really, I agree with Carl)
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    If you've tried some options - like having friends, family set you up, and have tried internet dating or something similar and had no luck you are not alone.
    There are some great cat breeds out there - you might be very happy. Cat's love unconditionally, although they do tend to stalk. :-)
  • RoboLikes
    RoboLikes Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Ha, I feel the same way. Cat lady, witch down the street, whatever you want to call it; I'll start collecting Precious Moments figurines now and call them my babies.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    why are you attracted to unavailable or unsuitable men?

i think you might need to figure that out. if you're only paying attention to the wrong guys then you wont be able to see the right ones.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    {{{{hugs}}}}

Better to be a cat lady than with an evil, abusive man.
  • toriaenator
    toriaenator Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone, i cracked up at all of your answers so i am not a negative nancy anymore, at least for now ;)
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    so i am not a negative nancy anymore, at least for now ;)

nice!
  • CouchSpud
    CouchSpud Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I know this is stupid but lately I've been feeling super down about guys and dating and love in general...I haven't had a guy in my life in forever, even just to flirt with... the guys I'm attracted to always turn out gay, and the ones attracted to me end up being stalkers or molesters (and I'm not exaggerating this. there hasn't been a single guy in my life that did not fit into the above categories of gay,molester, or stalker [as in follow me home stalker])

i know there are plenty of fish in the sea or whatever, but clearly they aren't digging me as bait haha. or maybe I'm blind to them now because my past experiences have made me weary.

another problem is that now I'm just pessimistic. i feel like true love never can happen because there will always be someone who loves the other more. i feel like its impossible for those couples who have been together for so long to truly feel in love like they first did.. even weddings make me sad because I'm secretly thinking "wow, chances are you will join the 50% of couples who divorce"

this post makes me sound super dramatic and annoying LOL and i really wouldn't mind living with 67 cats but felt like rambling :)

7 Cats and 6 dogs, they can eat me when I die... so no worries about a fuineral either ^^
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I think we all feel like this sometimes :flowerforyou: Try and erase it from your mind and think positive. Life is unpredictable and exciting, you just never know what's waiting for you around the next corner! :bigsmile:
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I'll hook you up on cat stuff, just come see me. :D

You'll find someone, it's still too early to call it a cat lady lifetime. :)
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    I'm allergic to cats, can I be a crazy old dog guy instead?
  • will010574
    will010574 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Not a chance! You two are gorgeous, it will happen. Hold off on any cat purchases!
  • DrewMaxwell
    DrewMaxwell Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I'm destined to be a cat lady too!

Give me a call, I'll take care of that ;)
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    I think there are times when all single people think that they are going to be alone forever.
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Find a guy that hates shopping for clothes.
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    Both of you are gorgeous, you'll find the right guy soon enough
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Well cats are cheaper than dogs. I have 3 dogs that all need to be groomed monthly. HUGE mistake. My story is different because I have been married and do have 2 great kids. But I feel like I'll be alone for the rest of my life too. I throw pity parties for myself quite often. In reality I know it's silly to think the way we do but it gets hard to stay positive. Lets try together!
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Well cats are cheaper than dogs. I have 3 dogs that all need to be groomed monthly. HUGE mistake. My story is different because I have been married and do have 2 great kids. But I feel like I'll be alone for the rest of my life too. I throw pity parties for myself quite often. In reality I know it's silly to think the way we do but it gets hard to stay positive. Lets try together!

eh, I'm not a big fan of saying dogs have to be groomed.

I can't even tell you the last time my dogs had a bath. but you're not supposed to bath labs.