Pre and Post Workout

Options
lenatuck
lenatuck Posts: 45 Member
I was wondering what foods do you eat before and after lifting?
I've read so many contradicting ideas it's so confusing!

And also, what size weights did you all start off with in week 1?

Thanks! I love reading all your posts they're so interesting and help a lot!
:smile:

Replies

• micls
    micls Posts: 234
    Options
    I'm working on just upping my protein at the moment to around 100g a day. not focused to much on when I eat what.

Weights wise, I'm weak! I started last Monday on 20lbs per exercise, up to 30lb for Wednesday(60 for deadlifts) and Friday.

Sticking with 30 for squats tomorrow, same for OHP and working on form. Will try 65 for deadlift and try to start using the normal bar (was using fixed weight barbells.
  • Doreen_Murray
    Doreen_Murray Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Just keep upping that protein! Protein shake immediately after your SL routine is great recovery and an excellent way to boost your cals! You should go with the 45 pound bar or 35 for SL if you can. If you just do the bar, then great! You'll increase as you move forward with the program and it's important to get that form down with the bar. You'll notice using the bar you'll gain confidence with the weight rather quickly and then when confident with your form, you can start to add plates.

Keep at it and you're doing great! :flowerforyou:
  • micls
    micls Posts: 234
    Options
    45 pound bar or 35 for SL if you can. If you just do the bar, then great! You'll increase as you move forward with the program and it's important to get that form down with the bar. You'll notice using the bar you'll gain confidence with the weight rather quickly and then when confident with your form, you can start to add plates.

Keep at it and you're doing great! :flowerforyou:

Tried the empty bar but unfortunately failed miserably :) No 35lb bar at my gym, but they have set 30 and 40 barbells so gonna use them until I can do the empty bar. Tbh I'm still finding the 30 quite tough for the squats. I think I'm very inflexible so working on that and form. Hopefully in a week or so I can build up to the empty bar.

Thanks for the tips and motivation :)
  • Doreen_Murray
    Doreen_Murray Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I have never tried barbells, must feel so different! I do my best to do one class of yoga per week to counter the weight lifting because by Friday my muscles are very tight! Way to stay with it!