Hello

Options
katnel25
katnel25 Posts: 2 Member
Hi to everyone! I am sort of a new runner! I have been training for about 3 weeks and just ran 10.2 miles of a 70 mile Relay in Moab on the 11th! We were a team of 6 that ran the whole 70 miles! It was awesome! I ran an average of 12 minute miles...which is okay for me. But I really want to up my time next year. So I plan to do a lot of training this whole year. I have a 5k coming up July 4th and I want to be able to do it in 32 minutes or less! So that is what I will be training for til then!

If anyone has ideas or tips on how to get faster, I'd love to hear them! Thanks to you all in advance. You are all such an inspiration to me! :happy:

Replies

• flemmish51
    flemmish51 Posts: 7
    Options
    I've been running for about 24 years. my advice, if you are new to running, is to stay away from specialized training for a couple of years but continue to log the miles on the road. after a couple of years schlepping along, with the assiociated conditioning and leg-muscle-strengthening, your body will be better able to withstand specialized training (ie speedwork, fartlicks etc).