20 lbs. just "crept" on - now I want it off for good!

Options
hollynono
hollynono Posts: 80 Member
Hi I´m Holly . Myweight has just kind of crept on slowly. When I look back over the years my diet has changed gradually, as have my exercise habits. Before the kids I would walk a lot as opposed to using the car, and serving and eating three meals a day was just never an issue. Now, with kids, we eat three meals - often what they don´t eat goes (now I should say "went") into my mouth and we drive just about everywhere.
I want to get my "old" self (body) back. I am very determined. For almost four weeks I have been maintaining a very strict 1200 ca./day eating plan. I like it and very rarely feel deprived.
I would love a buddy to motivate/be motivated by - count me in!

Replies

• Dot2Dots
    Dot2Dots Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hi I´m Holly . Myweight has just kind of crept on slowly. When I look back over the years my diet has changed gradually, as have my exercise habits. Before the kids I would walk a lot as opposed to using the car, and serving and eating three meals a day was just never an issue. Now, with kids, we eat three meals - often what they don´t eat goes (now I should say "went") into my mouth and we drive just about everywhere.
    I want to get my "old" self (body) back. I am very determined. For almost four weeks I have been maintaining a very strict 1200 ca./day eating plan. I like it and very rarely feel deprived.
    I would love a buddy to motivate/be motivated by - count me in!

Hi Holly

I just sent you a friend request !!
  • sweetbippy
    sweetbippy Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are going in strong. Good for you. 1200 and not feeling deprived? What's your secret? I eat approx. 1200 with my exercise calories factored in. I am frequently hungry. I just met with my doctor because I lose very slowly, or not at all. He suggested I go down to 1000 calories, and give up all bread, rice, pasta, and potatoes, even whole grains.
  • jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Wow - I can't believe your Dr. would tell you to go down to 1000 calories a day. I think 1200 is too low. Are you active at all? If your losing slowly or not at all you might check out the Eat More to Lose Weight group - there's a lot of info on there. I was doing the 1200 calories and eating back exercise and didn't move at all. One week of upping my calories I lost 2.5 lbs.