Am I just a sucker?!?!?!

Options
jbella99
jbella99 Posts: 596 Member
So there's this guy I met like two years ago. HE was in the process of separating from his wife at the time and we had this torrid type of affair, I would meet him at lunch or after work we did the deed in some exciting places. When he finally got his own place I went there a few times. When we met I made it clear that I was looking for more than a fwb and he agreed that's what he wanted too but, he flaked out all the time on me. Cancelled dates unless he knew he would get laid.

Finally I called him out on it he got mad and said if I didn't trust him then we shouldn't talk anymore so, we stopped seeing each other.

About 6 months later he emails me apologizing saying he was falling for me and it scared him so he pushed me away. We tried again and again he flaked.

Now 8 months later he emailed me again..... He said he's sorry and that he misses me and he wants to start over again. That he was stupid and that he's never met anyone like me before and really wants to try.

WTH???

Replies

• La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    No no no!!

First time, shame on him.. 2nd time shame on you.. now for a 3rd time??

NO. He's probably lonely and horny. He's showed his true colors to you twice. What more do you need??

You deserve better. :flowerforyou:
  • Steelheart7
    Steelheart7 Posts: 1,056
    Options
    No no no!!

NO. He's probably lonely and horny.

Yup.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    No no no!!

First time, shame on him.. 2nd time shame on you.. now for a 3rd time??

NO. He's probably lonely and horny. He's showed his true colors to you twice. What more do you need??

You deserve better. :flowerforyou:

Yeah, but I SURE know how you feel!!!

I had a friend who turned out to only be "separated." Boundaries up, call me when you’re single (he was AMAZING, but I just couldn’t go there). He actually calls me up months later... talking about his ex and this divorce…so I thought he was all mine now… we had an amazing time... until I find out he's STILL not single. They hadn’t even filed paperwork!!!!

WHAT?? SERIOUSLY???

And you know what… even now…two years later... when he texts me it takes EVERY bit of willpower not to respond. He was that amazing. Hot, romantic, charming, yummm.

So yeah, stay away, but I know how hard that is to do!!

{{{{hugs}}}}
  • The_Iron
    The_Iron Posts: 288
    Options

/thread

(unless you are also and just wanna get some booty. lol)
  • melg126
    melg126 Posts: 378
    Options
    I agree stay away from him... he's just stringing you along to get some... and if you want some respond... if not NEXT!
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Hey, if you want it, hit it and quit it. If it's more than that then just hit the mental ignore button.
  • jbella99
    Options
    Well I've had far better booty calls..... hahaha
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    NEXT!

walk away and do not look back - his track record speaks for himself.
  • Meghan0116
    Meghan0116 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    No No No!!!!
  • DavetheHYNIC
    DavetheHYNIC Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Your only a sucker if you buy the s**t he's selling. If u wanna go back to get your swerve on that's on you just go in with your eyes wide open, also make him beg, take you on some expensive dates and play with his emotions like he did you.
  • sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    You're setting yourself up for disappointment if you go back. Even if you just want to get laid go find someone else!

Guys like this make me :mad:
  • The_Iron
    The_Iron Posts: 288
    Options
    You're setting yourself up for disappointment if you go back. Even if you just want to get laid go find someone else!

Tell us how ya REALLY feel, Sandra! :wink: :laugh:
  • jbella99
    Options
    So I told mr. horny loser to get a hooker and he actually got offended imagine that........
  • sandrinamsilva
    Options

Tell us how ya REALLY feel, Sandra! :wink: :laugh:

haha Josh. Can you tell it sparked a nerve from the past?
  • sandrinamsilva
    Options
    So I told mr. horny loser to get a hooker and he actually got offended imagine that........

:flowerforyou: Good Job.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    So there's this guy I met like two years ago. HE was in the process of separating from his wife at the time and we had this torrid type of affair, I would meet him at lunch or after work we did the deed in some exciting places. When he finally got his own place I went there a few times. When we met I made it clear that I was looking for more than a fwb and he agreed that's what he wanted too but, he flaked out all the time on me. Cancelled dates unless he knew he would get laid.

Finally I called him out on it he got mad and said if I didn't trust him then we shouldn't talk anymore so, we stopped seeing each other.

About 6 months later he emails me apologizing saying he was falling for me and it scared him so he pushed me away. We tried again and again he flaked.

Now 8 months later he emailed me again..... He said he's sorry and that he misses me and he wants to start over again. That he was stupid and that he's never met anyone like me before and really wants to try.

WTH???

Yes, you are.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options

LOVE LOVE this! I am proud of you :flowerforyou:
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options

/thread

(unless you are also and just wanna get some booty. lol)

Haha!
  • pammbroo
    pammbroo Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    His actions speak for themselves. Good for you not buying into his bulls*^%. You are worth more!