May 16-- post 'em here!

Options
acelynp2
acelynp2 Posts: 79 Member
Did a whole series of planks with supplemental moves (one leg in the air, knee in to chest, side plank...) in circuit class today. None of them were that long, but I'm estimating 3-4 minutes total.

Mid-way through today... Keep going everyone!

Replies

• moniquea93
    moniquea93 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Today's plank 1 minute 42 seconds
  • jlbay
    jlbay Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    60 seconds. Lost 15 seconds, but that was after a plank heavy yoga class.
  • m2nc
    m2nc Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    made it to 2 min... after supper before exercising! phew!!! arms were weak! abs hurt! guess it means it is working!
  • m2nc
    m2nc Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Did a whole series of planks with supplemental moves (one leg in the air, knee in to chest, side plank...) in circuit class today. None of them were that long, but I'm estimating 3-4 minutes total.

not sure if I am doing this right to reply to your post but OMG!! way to go!! I don't know if I could do anything other than the plain old plank!! Think I would die in a circuit class!! You keep going!! Sounds great!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,982 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: I think it's important to not compare ourselves to anyone else....we are different ages and different fitness levels and do the plank at different times of day under different circumstances.

:bigsmile: I did my plank early today with no shoes and it was harder than when I wear shoes so I'll know better tomorrow.....I may have been able to hold it longer but my plan is to add five seconds each day for as long as I can so today it was 70 seconds.

hooray for all of us :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • peppiee
    peppiee Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    1 minute 20 seconds

Think my timer is slow :)
  • ahajduk
    ahajduk Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    2 min 5 sec... why is it that the last 5 seconds seem longer than the first 2 minutes...
  • acelynp2
    acelynp2 Posts: 79 Member
    Options

not sure if I am doing this right to reply to your post but OMG!! way to go!! I don't know if I could do anything other than the plain old plank!! Think I would die in a circuit class!! You keep going!! Sounds great!

Thanks! I'm sure you'd be surprised what you could do! Look at how far you've come this month already. The planks with alternate moves were HARD. Even the class veterans were struggling. But I'm sure they are doable with practice. I used to not be able to do a side plank at all and now I can lift up a few inches off the ground--not totally there, but it's something... The circuit class is hard too, although you can modify it to your level--I was working out pretty regularly for quite a while before I tried it and even now after 4 mos there are many times when I am panting like an old dog. But it's fun, it's a great workout and it goes by really fast because you are doing so many different things. I do recommend it!