Calling it quits... sorry, friends. :(

Options
colorlessgreen
colorlessgreen Posts: 173 Member
I feel like I'm letting you down, but I think I'm going to quit Insanity and get another Jillian Michaels DVD. I just don't enjoy Insanity and keep skipping it, and then not only did I not get my workout in, but then I feel guilty about it, too.

For me personally, I think it's better (psychologically... maybe also physically) to do 25 minutes of moderately intense workouts six days a week than 45 minutes of intense workouts twice a week and feel guilty about slacking the rest of the time. 30% of me feels like, "Don't be a quitter! Don't let the group down!" but the other 70% says, "Why put yourself through something you don't like and makes you feel bad?"

Replies

• billyjoebob
    billyjoebob Posts: 72
    Options
    Good for you for realizing it wasn't working for you and moving onto something that will work for you. I never liked the Jillian workouts so I moved onto things that I did like. Doesn't mean her workouts are ineffective, just not for me. Insanity is working wonders for me, but I also enjoy the workouts. If I didn't like them I certainly wouldn't keep doing them, I'd move onto something else.
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'm letting you down, but I think I'm going to quit Insanity and get another Jillian Michaels DVD. I just don't enjoy Insanity and keep skipping it, and then not only did I not get my workout in, but then I feel guilty about it, too.

For me personally, I think it's better (psychologically... maybe also physically) to do 25 minutes of moderately intense workouts six days a week than 45 minutes of intense workouts twice a week and feel guilty about slacking the rest of the time. 30% of me feels like, "Don't be a quitter! Don't let the group down!" but the other 70% says, "Why put yourself through something you don't like and makes you feel bad?"
    I could have posted this! Its exactley how I feel. I think we need to do what we are comfortable with and not feel bad about it
  • jamkat
    jamkat Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Feeling bad about doing something that you don't even enjoy just creates stress. And we know what stress leads to! If there was one fitness program / dvd / workout that worked for everyone and everyone loved it, there would not be the thousands of choices on the market.

I felt the same as you, but about JM Body Revolution. Bought it, tried it, not thrilled. Insanity on the other hand - I love. Post Insanity on CL, recoup some money and spend it on something that you enjoy.

Thank you again for creating the spreadsheet!! I had 2 killer workouts with my PT yesterday and today so I'll FINALLY be back at Insanity tomorrow morning. I need me some Shaun T!!

See you around MFP. :flowerforyou:
  • colorlessgreen
    colorlessgreen Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the supportive replies and good luck with the program, everyone! :) I'll be looking for your before and after pictures on the Success Stories board. :heart: