What Kind of Geek Are You?

Options
tageekly
tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
Right click and open in a new tab - I'm not patient enough to get this thing resized... :grumble:

4191750_700b.jpg

Replies

• tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I guess Iam a gamer/chic geek with a slight bent to internet geekery (I fake it really good because I know 2-3 serious hardcore internet geeks and they fill me in on what I need to know)
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I am a cross between Comic[Cartoon] Geek because I watch them all and Sports Geek! I will go to a game and scream and have a ball!
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    woah Im worse off than I thought Im a star wars/ star trek geek with gamer / music and encyclopedia geek thrown in lol
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Definitely Trekkie geek. Maybe a little encyclopedia geek in there as well.
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Oh, I forgot to share my geekly identity.

Total Music Geek, liberally sprinkled with Film Geek (3D IS destroying film's artistry!) with a dash of Internet Geek. Okay, maybe another dash of that last one. :tongue:

I aspire to be The Übergeek one day, but I've only partioned my computer once. And suspenders are sorta hot.
  • eduardo_d
    eduardo_d Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Gadget/Encyclopedia/Trekkie here.
  • ltforever
    ltforever Posts: 6
    Options
    Acording to Wikipedia:
    The definition of geek has changed considerably over time, and there is no longer a definitive meaning. The terms nerd,gimp,dweeb,dork, and spod have similar meanings as geek, but many choose to identify different connotations amongst these terms, although the differences are disputed.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Oh, I forgot to share my geekly identity.

Total Music Geek, liberally sprinkled with Film Geek (3D IS destroying film's artistry!) with a dash of Internet Geek. Okay, maybe another dash of that last one. :tongue:

I aspire to be The Übergeek one day, but I've only partioned my computer once. And suspenders are sorta hot.

That is my husband totally. Well. not the linux builds, but he is a code nerd. He and his college buddies tell jokes about algorithms and he complains that his coworkers only like the cute coding tricks he shows them because it makes things easier for them, not because they are elegant and charming solutions to whatever. and he tries to tell me hilarious stories about the cute solution he found for X all the time, but I never laugh.
  • Gestahl
    Gestahl Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Oh dear, I'm a mutt...

Encyclopedia/Star Wars/Internet

...and Gamer. But any gamer-geek worth his salt knows that you play on a PC. Final Fantasy and DoA my buttocks.
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Can I be a Decimal Geek? I am a little bit of all of these but Jedi Master of none
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Can I be a Decimal Geek? I am a little bit of all of these but Jedi Master of none

That is me too.
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    So I'm a gamer/music geek hybrid :) with a bit of SW + ST sprinkled in for good measure ;)
  • Arthemise1
    Arthemise1 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I'm mostly a book geek, which is not listed. Of these, I have leanings toward Star Wars, Star Trek, comic books, gamer, and crafts. I'd do cosplay if I could ever get thin enough.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Internet geek and Comic Book geek...I have touched an action comics #1, for reals!
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    I'm a Star Wars Geek AND a Star Trek Geek. So much for not crossing the streams . . .

Also music.
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    Options
    Film geek ( snob )
    Comic geek ( I have every Valiant issue #1 )
    Music geek ( 60's - 90's and blues )
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Mainly film/music/gamer geek with a sprinkling of comic book geek on top.
  • kjcoul01
    kjcoul01 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm GICT - gadget, internet, comic book trekkie with a whole lot of other spiciness to boot! - KDrama, JDrama...garden geek...
  • kjcoul01
    kjcoul01 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    :tongue: You also have to be a comic book geek with Armstrong for your pic! That is a Full Metal Al. fan if I've ever seen one. [for Gstahl]
  • BrendarB
    BrendarB Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options
    new category needed:

Book geek
    Board game/Tabletop gamer geek - not to be confused with cosplay geek

I'm book/film/board-tabletop/music geek