Best Road Bikes $1000-$1500 Range?

Options
2»

Replies

• Spokez70
    Spokez70 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Now go get some clipless pedals and cycling shoes. Those pedals are hideous. :P

Yes yes pedals and shoes are definitely the next order of business. I've already been looking at them.
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options

Yes yes pedals and shoes are definitely the next order of business. I've already been looking at them.

Also, don't forget to tell us how many 'clipless moments' you have until you get used to them :bigsmile:
  • mamaclose
    mamaclose Posts: 219 Member
    Options

Also, don't forget to tell us how many 'clipless moments' you have until you get used to them :bigsmile:

^^I can definitely relate to this comment! Got my clipless pedals and cycling shoes yesterday. My husband's advice as I leave to test them out, "Don't reach out with your hand, try to land on your shoulder!" I was thinking, yea yea whatever. 10 minutes later I'm thinking "Oh ****! I'm going down!" Definitely need some practice. :blushing:
  • gspaulding3
    Options
    Couldn't agree with you more. Your salesman is trying to make more money off of you. For the average rider, you won't even notice much difference. The carbon is minimally lighter and is just a little more supple on the road. I have a CF tri bike, but I ride an aluminum road bike most of the time (with carbon forks). Better to invest money in better components than to put your money in carbon.
  • Cgirlish
    Cgirlish Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Lol nice bike but I noticed your kayaking sticker more. Lol it would have been more useable in that rain,
    I just started biking again this year, and need to buy new shoes since mine are no where to be found after not biking for 10 yrs

Enjoy your road bike

Connie