Good weekend for it

Options
dsl01
dsl01 Posts: 97 Member
Nice ride planned Saturday.
Looping out of TN, into NC, maybe down into GA unless I pick the Cherohala Skyway, meet some old friends in SC for a beverage, then back home through GA and NC. Or some such thing.

Weather will be fine, not a crazy number of miles, excellent roads, flying solo.

Cannot wait..

OH yeah, and the leathers fit SO much better!!

Replies

• rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Have a Good and SafeTrip!!!
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    That sounds great!!! That ride is right in my backyard. I've done a NC->SC->GA->TN->NC loop before and there is LOADS of great riding around here!

JM
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I realized this weekend that my tags are expired :( Spent the weekend working on my suspension setup and prepping my track plastics for new paint out of boredom.
  • dsl01
    dsl01 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    That sounds great!!! That ride is right in my backyard. I've done a NC->SC->GA->TN->NC loop before and there is LOADS of great riding around here!

JM
    I did a lot of the good ones. 64 out of TN, 76 out of Hiwassee, GA, Warwoman out of Clayton, Rts.107, 28, and some twisty stuff in SC that I have no idea what they were.
    432 miles, safe, light traffic, perfect weather, no problems, and I got to touch base with some old friends.
    Great day.
  • EvilPink
    EvilPink Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Enjoy! I lived in eastern Missouri until 5 years ago (CA now) and I've always regretted not taking an extended weekend to head out to the Gap or Cherohala before I moved. I'd done the trip down to the southeast of MO, cut over thru the corners of IL, KY, TN, AR, an then back up to MO; great roads through there too but, for the same amount of time, I could have easily kept going thru TN at least over to the Gap but I just never seemed to get around to it. Sigh.
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    Sounds great dls! Those are all some great roads. A lot of those are some of my regular favorite rides! Glad it was good and problem free!

JM