Abnormal test results

Options
JulaMonster
JulaMonster Posts: 51 Member
Hey ladies. I got a call from my midwives yesterday that the results of my sequential screen (bloodwork and u/s) came back abnormal, and I was given a 1 in 5 chance that the baby has both Down Syndrome and Trisomy 18. I'm scheduled for an amnio June 4th, they can't do it any sooner cause of the timing (it's best after 16 weeks, I'll only be 14 weeks tomorrow), and then the results from that take up to another two weeks, so in the meantime of not knowing, I probably won't be online much. I'm trying really hard not to google things or look stuff up on webmd or whatever, cause it's all pretty terrifying (and there's no sense in it when we don't know for certain what might be wrong, if anything), so I think the best way to avoid that is to just not be on the computer much. Thanks for all of your support up until now, and I'll update when we know more. In the meantime, take care and I wish you all a happy and healthy pregnancy! :flowerforyou: :heart:

Replies

• jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Sending prayers your way. im sorry you guys have to go through this scary wait. I hope everything turns out ok
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Thanks for letting us know so we can pray for you and your family...I know the wait will be tough, but we're here for you!
  • Jillsie11
    Jillsie11 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Scary...but hopin' we see you back here in a month with nothing wrong! Prayers your way...
  • cmaxmor
    cmaxmor Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry you have to wait. I can't imagine what you are going through. Good luck and stay strong!
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Sorry that you have to go through this, I know it's hard but try not to worry too much until you know for sure. I think it's a great idea to stay away from the internet, that can just make things worse. My thoughts are with you :)
  • mommynae7
    mommynae7 Posts: 6
    Options
    What an awfully long time to not know anything. I am sorry. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
  • ajelove
    ajelove Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Praying for you!
  • speedyme
    speedyme Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    My thoughts are with you and your family!
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    will be praying for you.