First exercise since surgery

Options
Okay, I normally do not like walking because I would get searing pain up both legs. From the ankle all the way to the knee. Today I walked a whole mile slowly (it took me 35 minutes) but I didn't have one pain from either leg. I was so astonished and excited. I hope this continues to be the case. Any other good exercise stories you lap-band peeps can share?

Replies

• TeresaWash
    TeresaWash Posts: 283
    Options
    Good Job Janeen.

I used to hate exercising... but it made a world of difference in my weight loss. I started walking on a tread mill. I did this for a few months then tried the elliptical machine. I went 6 minutes and almost died. Now I do 45 with hills. But I recently changed gyms, I started out at the Hospitals Rehab Fitness Center, but the same old routine got boring. I LOVE the classes. Zumba and Body Pump are my 2 personal favorites. I can actually say I enjoy exercising and I never thought I'd say that.

Keep up the good work, you will feel better and better with each pound and especially the exercise. It truly made a difference in how I felt. Just feels so dang good afterwards.

Best of Luck to you!
  • cbbarge
    cbbarge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I love my water aerobics class!:happy:
  • waguchan
    waguchan Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Great job with your walking! I have to agree that walking and water aerobics are great. A ballroom dance class would be nice too.

The important thing is that find something that you enjoy. Then you will keep it up. And after doing doing those exercises regularly, you will soon find yourself wanting to do something more strenuous and maybe even a little daring. :-)

Good luck!!
  • Janeen41
    Janeen41 Posts: 8
    Options
    Thanks for all the great advice. I can't wait to get going.