Not getting results expected... frustrated

Options
I am on max week two and I am not getting the results I was expecting to get. My workout partner/husband has lost 10# and several inches everywhere. I havent lost a pound and thus far can only account for a couple inches. I will admit that I can see some muscle definition in my legs and arms that I have never seen before so that is a plus... but my core is my problem spot and I don't see a lot of anything there. I have been sticking to a 1200 cal + exercise diet but have struggled with keeping my macros balanced - a lot more carbs and a lot less protein than the 40-30-30 recommendation, however my fat has been in line. For the next two weeks I am going to work hard on getting my macros in balance and hope this helps me get some results. I don't mind doing another round of insanity if it will help me achieve my desired goals but its frustrating putting in the effort and not getting the results. Anyone have any advice on what is working for them?

Replies

• MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    nothing much has happened to me either. i actually see that i'm getting bulkier in the waist which is not what i wanted. i think it is from developing my ab muscles and that makes it look like my stomach is pushing out a little more. i think it's ok... i would not stick to 1200 a day that seems to little. i would not go below 1600 a day personally. the guidebook recommended 1650-1900 for me based on whether i want to lose 1/2 lb a week or 1 lb a week. however, i am constantly hungry and eating way more than that, so maybe i would see a loss if i could control my eating! also my heart rate is only 45 now and that has gotten me (and my dr) worried but it could just mean i am a lot more fit, will find out in a couple weeks. i would actually tell you to eat more. your body may be holding on to everything it can beacuse those workouts can burn a lot and 1200 woudlnt' cut it for me. ok now i'm seeing you do 1200 plus exercise... i would just go with what the insanity guidebook says.
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I am on week one of month 2 and haven't lost any weight either. I'm not really frustrated - I would like to have lost some weight by now, but I guess it just is what it is. My clothes feel the same.......although they are getting a little looser under my butt and in my waist......so something is happening.

I'm going to finish out month 2 and either do another round or p90x.....we'll see.
  • erinsnyder357
    Options
    nothing much has happened to me either. i actually see that i'm getting bulkier in the waist which is not what i wanted. i think it is from developing my ab muscles and that makes it look like my stomach is pushing out a little more. i think it's ok... i would not stick to 1200 a day that seems to little. i would not go below 1600 a day personally. the guidebook recommended 1650-1900 for me based on whether i want to lose 1/2 lb a week or 1 lb a week. however, i am constantly hungry and eating way more than that, so maybe i would see a loss if i could control my eating! also my heart rate is only 45 now and that has gotten me (and my dr) worried but it could just mean i am a lot more fit, will find out in a couple weeks. i would actually tell you to eat more. your body may be holding on to everything it can beacuse those workouts can burn a lot and 1200 woudlnt' cut it for me. ok now i'm seeing you do 1200 plus exercise... i would just go with what the insanity guidebook says.

Sorry - 1200 + workout cals. So for today (recovery) I had 1400.... yeseterday I had 1600, etc.
  • MJ7910
    Options
    what did the guidbook recommend for you? seems like that might not be enough calories...
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I didn't expect crazy results from this workout.The results on TV that are great are mostly people who really didn't workout prior to insanity and men. I have lost nearly 5 lbs and some inches, since the end of month 1, but we shall see how the next few weeks turn out.
  • Thaixchik55
    Options
    I'm still not seeing any changes either. Has this change for any of you? I have one week left and feel really discouraged.
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I have gotten more tone. However, as of today I have only lost about 5.2 lbs, and I am done with the program next week. I wanted to lose 10, but I guess that was too ambitious...lol..Oh well, I am going to keep on going regardless after this is done. I know it sucks, but I guess you have to look at it as an accomplishment that you completed a tough workout plan.
  • MaryinBflo
    MaryinBflo Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I have not lost much weight myself BUT I can do the moves int he workouts easier and don't have to modify things as much. I also FEEL better and stronger. I am closerr to being able to do "real" pushups.

I will see if I've lost inches when I do my final measurements on Saturday.

I am going to do some less intense workouts for a week and see if that helps then I'm starting Les Mills Pump so I will see how adding weights helps me.

It's not always about what the scale says you have to look at the whole picture and be honest with yourself. Did you follow the meal plan?

Mary
  • tbolashana
    tbolashana Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    I am on week one of month 2 and haven't lost any weight either. I'm not really frustrated - I would like to have lost some weight by now, but I guess it just is what it is. My clothes feel the same.......although they are getting a little looser under my butt and in my waist......so something is happening.

I'm going to finish out month 2 and either do another round or p90x.....we'll see.

you took the words right out of my mouth!!!
  • MJ7910
    Options
    I have not lost much weight myself BUT I can do the moves int he workouts easier and don't have to modify things as much. I also FEEL better and stronger. I am closerr to being able to do "real" pushups.

I will see if I've lost inches when I do my final measurements on Saturday.

I am going to do some less intense workouts for a week and see if that helps then I'm starting Les Mills Pump so I will see how adding weights helps me.

It's not always about what the scale says you have to look at the whole picture and be honest with yourself. Did you follow the meal plan?

Mary

Well I am with you here. Although I didn't see much in terms of results I can feel like my muscles are tighter. I am still wearing the same clothes despite gaining a little bit of weight. So I think I really have been working on shaping these muscles and making them stronger. I do the workouts with more ease. And my resting heart rate has dropped to about 45-50 from 60 when I started the workout. So I would say despite no weight loss (actually a gain) and not losing any inches, I am actually in better shape. I will have the fit test this Friday to let me know for sure. I definitely feel like I have more endurance and I've improved on each of the workouts in the max series (month 2)... so i guess getting results is all in the eye of the beholder. I'm glad I did it. I will feel really accomplished when I"m done.